XF 2.0 New public navigation is not being highlighted on the frontend when on the page

joroom

Hello there,

So I've added a new page, called it discussions

Screen Shot 2018-01-17 at 10.59.01 AM.webp

Then i've added a route filter that points discussions to forums

Screen Shot 2018-01-17 at 10.59.42 AM.webp

Now when i go to the link on the front end, i cannot see it selected. ( I am using the default XF2 theme)

Screen Shot 2018-01-17 at 11.01.06 AM.webp

Am i missing something?

Thanks

The selected navigation tab of most pages (with the exception of individual nodes) is hard-coded at the route layer. I don't believe the behavior you want is supported out of the box.

Hmm, you could actually try making the navigation ID 'forums' (and keep everything else the same). I think that's all the code is looking for.

Last edited:
If this is actually a page, then you can set the selected navigation tab in the page's configuration.

However, it is correct that in most cases, the section is selected via code. It can be changed via template edits though.

I'm a bit confused about what is going on here exactly though, as if you're just changing forums/ to discussions/, you would be better customizing the existing "forums" navigation tab and/or children, rather than creating an all new one.

If this is actually a page, then you can set the selected navigation tab in the page's configuration.

However, it is correct that in most cases, the section is selected via code. It can be changed via template edits though.

I'm a bit confused about what is going on here exactly though, as if you're just changing forums/ to discussions/, you would be better customizing the existing "forums" navigation tab and/or children, rather than creating an all new one.
Well, thats what i tried to do first.

But the fields there are disabled. I cannot edit the name of it.

Top Bottom