CrispinP

Hi folks,

In the process of migrating from VB to XF and still feeling my way around.

I've been looking for a way to display posts-since-last-visit for my users. This was built-in in VB but I can't see anything like it in XF. I've tried a few plugins but cannot find one that seems to do it.

New Posts shows posts in descending order. What I am after is to show a list since the last time I was here.

Apologies if this is bog-standard and I've missed it or if there is a common plugin for it - could someone point the way please?

Many thanks
Crispin

The only thing like that in core is the "New Posts" page: https://xenforo.com/community/find-new/posts

For logged in users, it will display a list of threads containing new posts since the last visit in descending order. I'm not sure if you're looking for a list of posts instead of threads, or if you want it in ascending order instead of descending, but neither of those are options in the core software.

New Posts shows posts in descending order. What I am after is to show a list since the last time I was here.
New posts does do this. It shows you content that you haven't read yet primarily. Additionally, it detects when you were last here (based on you being inactive for a certain amount of time to detect a "new" visit) and displays a bar when the posts beyond that are older than that (but still unread). It's essentially a hybrid.

Top Bottom