XF 1.4 'new posts' & pages not refreshing after replies

if I hit the 'new posts' in the title bar it takes me to a list of all the new posts but even if I've read them and if I click a thread from there it takes me to the last 'new post' even if there have been further replies and in the main forum window list it doesn't show threads as having new posts in them.

xenforo or perhaps database/server issue?

Aha! I'm using Hostgator too!

Something strange is going on over there.

I started a ticket asking what's up. You should start one too. All of a sudden strange things started happening today.
i can't login to my admin panel.goes back to the user/password page but doesn't say 'incorrect password' like it does if I intentionally use the wrong details

Several customers are reporting similar problems this evening. All appear to be nginx servers with Hostgator. Please contact Hostgator about this. These are the response headers that I have observed:

Code:
Cache-control:max-age=86400
Connection:keep-alive
Content-Encoding:gzip
Content-Length:3770
Content-Type:text/html; charset=UTF-8
Date:Thu, 13 Nov 2014 06:54:45 GMT
Expires:Fri, 14 Nov 2014 06:54:45 GMT
Last-Modified:Thu, 13 Nov 2014 06:54:45 GMT
Server:nginx/1.6.2
Vary:Accept-Encoding
X-Frame-Options:SAMEORIGIN

This is generated by a PHP resource which should not be cached.

Unfortunately there's not a lot we can do when hosts make changes of this nature.

The fact that so many of our customers are reporting the same problem, all of whom are with Hostgator, clearly points to an issue at their end.

My advice would be to find a host who doesn't make random, breaking changes and who takes steps to correct any issues they do cause.

ok zero help from hostgator.
i was disconnected by a service agent from chat before i could give them the above information but they were saying there's nothing that can be changed on their servers?Obviously something has though.
I actually can't even describe the issue since it's so random and they required to be active on the forums with a login and password to actually see it.
It's difficult to move just the forum from hostgator though

Same problems here. We've been having problems with Hostgator for about a month and it has gotten worse since they "moved our databases." Most of the week has been intermittent outages (connection refused) and then today was the strange refresh issue. I have had it with Hostgator and will be moving. They just keep blaming it on our database size (not the Xenforo database, the main web database). I didn't bother to contact them about this issue because I just know they'll blow it off as being my problem, but it is obviously Hostgator related as nothing else has changed from my end.

I've read else where that after Hostgator sold out, the new owners have been gradually transferring sites to overloaded servers in Provo, UT. Once that happens, your site performance takes a dive.

Top Bottom