1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XF 1.4 'new posts' & pages not refreshing after replies

Discussion in 'XenForo Questions and Support' started by LexiconDevil, Nov 13, 2014.

1. LexiconDevil

LexiconDevil Member

if I hit the 'new posts' in the title bar it takes me to a list of all the new posts but even if I've read them and if I click a thread from there it takes me to the last 'new post' even if there have been further replies and in the main forum window list it doesn't show threads as having new posts in them.

xenforo or perhaps database/server issue?
  2. cdub

cdub Well-Known Member

I'm experiencing strangeness today too. What host are you using?
  3. LexiconDevil

LexiconDevil Member

4. cdub

cdub Well-Known Member

Aha! I'm using Hostgator too!

Something strange is going on over there.

I started a ticket asking what's up. You should start one too. All of a sudden strange things started happening today.
  5. LexiconDevil

LexiconDevil Member

yeah I've just noticed it the last few hours?
    never had any trouble with them though before
  6. LexiconDevil

LexiconDevil Member

i can't login to my admin panel.goes back to the user/password page but doesn't say 'incorrect password' like it does if I intentionally use the wrong details
  7. cdub

cdub Well-Known Member

Hit refresh and it should get you in.
    LexiconDevil likes this.
  8. LexiconDevil

LexiconDevil Member

why didn't i think of that
    not seeing any server errors logged or anything
  9. Jake Bunce

Jake Bunce XenForo Moderator Staff Member

Several customers are reporting similar problems this evening. All appear to be nginx servers with Hostgator. Please contact Hostgator about this. These are the response headers that I have observed:

Content-Type:text/html; charset=UTF-8
    Date:Thu, 13 Nov 2014 06:54:45 GMT
    Expires:Fri, 14 Nov 2014 06:54:45 GMT
    Last-Modified:Thu, 13 Nov 2014 06:54:45 GMT
    This is generated by a PHP resource which should not be cached.
    LexiconDevil likes this.
  10. LexiconDevil

LexiconDevil Member

not much help from Hostgator live chat though
  11. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

Unfortunately there's not a lot we can do when hosts make changes of this nature.

The fact that so many of our customers are reporting the same problem, all of whom are with Hostgator, clearly points to an issue at their end.

My advice would be to find a host who doesn't make random, breaking changes and who takes steps to correct any issues they do cause.
    billytimmy likes this.
  12. LexiconDevil

LexiconDevil Member

ok zero help from hostgator.
    i was disconnected by a service agent from chat before i could give them the above information but they were saying there's nothing that can be changed on their servers?Obviously something has though.
    I actually can't even describe the issue since it's so random and they required to be active on the forums with a login and password to actually see it.
    It's difficult to move just the forum from hostgator though
  13. Same problems here. We've been having problems with Hostgator for about a month and it has gotten worse since they "moved our databases." Most of the week has been intermittent outages (connection refused) and then today was the strange refresh issue. I have had it with Hostgator and will be moving. They just keep blaming it on our database size (not the Xenforo database, the main web database). I didn't bother to contact them about this issue because I just know they'll blow it off as being my problem, but it is obviously Hostgator related as nothing else has changed from my end.

I've read else where that after Hostgator sold out, the new owners have been gradually transferring sites to overloaded servers in Provo, UT. Once that happens, your site performance takes a dive.
  14. LexiconDevil likes this.
  15. LexiconDevil

LexiconDevil Member

didn't see that but without doing anything on my end the situation seems have fixed itself by all reports
  16. Amaury

Amaury Well-Known Member

Yes, HostGator reverted their broken changes.