Graphic New Posts Glow

Not allowed to keep anything custom these days *shakes head* :D
Not true! I have custom stuff on my site as well that I haven't released. I'm not asking anyone to actually post how you did it or in the resource manager, but just hook a brotha up. I'd donate if I had to and I wouldn't share it without permission.

Not true! I have custom stuff on my site as well that I haven't released. I'm not asking anyone to actually post how you did it or in the resource manager, but just hook a brotha up. I'd donate if I had to and I wouldn't share it without permission.

Well, since here you are posting asking for it, I clearly am not allowed to keep something custom to my site :p I've explained to you in PC what the position on the release of this is... but if someone else can code it for you, so be it. As I said in the PC conversation you started with me:-

The developer would like it to remain anonymous that (s)he wrote it and has made it clear that it is intended for XA only, since it isn't fully production ready.
(S)He would also like to state that at a time when it is fully production ready, a reevaluation of release status will be made.

Last edited:
Well, since here you are posting asking for it, I clearly am not allowed to keep something custom to my site :p I've explained to you in PC what the position on the release of this is... but if someone else can code it for you, so be it.
I just want someone to code one for me. I'm not asking for your exact addon code or color.

A user on here PMd me their own version of new posts glow and it shares nothing in common with azhria's code. Thanks anyway!

Screen Shot 2013-07-30 at 11.00.50 AM.webp

Add this in extra.css, change it to suit your needs.

Code:
@keyframes "redPulse" {
from {
    background-color: #9a0202;
      -webkit-box-shadow: 0 0 9px #333;
      box-shadow: 0 0 9px #333;
}
50% {
    background-color: #e70000;
      -webkit-box-shadow: 0 0 18px #e70000;
      box-shadow: 0 0 18px #e70000;
}
to {
}

}

@-moz-keyframes redPulse {
from {
}
50% {
}
to {
}

}

@-webkit-keyframes "redPulse" {
from {
}
50% {
  -webkit-box-shadow: 0 0 18px #e70000;
}
to {
}

}

@-ms-keyframes "redPulse" {
from {
}
50% {
}
to {
}

}

@-o-keyframes "redPulse" {
from {
}
50% {
}
to {
}

}

.navTabs .navTab.selected .tabLinks li:last-child a {
    -webkit-animation-name: redPulse;
    -moz-animation-name: redPulse;
    -ms-animation-name: redPulse;
    -o-animation-name: redPulse;
    animation-name: redPulse;
    -webkit-animation-duration: 2s;

-webkit-animation-iteration-count: infinite;
    -moz-animation-iteration-count: infinite;
    -ms-animation-iteration-count: infinite;
    -o-animation-iteration-count: infinite;
    animation-iteration-count: infinite;
}

@Sage Knight that was an idea I had originally however when in responsive the expand menu function becomes the last child causing it to glow. You could add a CSS selector to the new post link and call on that.

@Sage Knight that was an idea I had originally however when in responsive the expand menu function becomes the last child causing it to glow. You could add a CSS selector to the new post link and call on that.

Good point.

For anyone watching this, just change :

Code:
.navTabs .navTab.selected .tabLinks li:last-child a {

To something like this:

Code:
.redPulse {

And add the class in the a tag, like this in the "navigation" template:

Code:
<li><a href="{xen:link 'find-new/posts'}" rel="nofollow" class="redPulse">{xen:if $visitor.user_id, {xen:phrase new_posts}, {xen:phrase recent_posts}}</a></li>

The hover would need to be tweaked as it looks hideous, but hopefully this should be a starting point.

A screenshot:

Screen Shot 2013-07-30 at 11.33.37 AM.webp

Reactions: DRE
How do we make hot threads with a lot of responses glow? Or make a little flame icon? I'm seen some sites that have a flaming icon next to it, like on the WarriorForum.com It gets people to jump into the thread and boosts activity. They are animated and move as well. Maybe an animated glow would work?! Radioactive hot threads which are triggered over X amount of replies.

flames.webp

Last edited:
Top Bottom