New permission - Warnings: View own warnings

CTXMedia

Allow members to view their own warnings.

ATM the "allow" setting for view warnings applies globally; if you set it to allow for Registered members then everyone can see each other's warnings. A recipie for disaster.

Allowing members to view their own warnings, but no one else's, would enable people to see when their warnings are expunged (you don't get to use that word every day now do you?).

Cheers,
Shaun :D

Upvote 68
I like the way XF handles this (much like social media), I find no reason (YMMV) to let users know dates or points. I especially don't want them to know they have room to act out before disciplinary action. I like that the backend can be structured for a certain threshold that is not revealed to members.

My vote was based on the fact I thought the PMs had the points/dates but they do not. If they did a collective place would make sense.

I like the way it is but will would not mind it being optional of course.

I like the way XF handles this (much like social media), I find no reason (YMMV) to let users know dates or points. I especially don't want them to know they have room to act out before disciplinary action. I like that the backend can be structured for a certain threshold that is not revealed to members.

My vote was based on the fact I thought the PMs had the points/dates but they do not. If they did a collective place would make sense.

I like the way it is but will would not mind it being optional of course.

That doesn't mean others don't have a reason to want their users to be able to check their points. We're asking for an option, doesn't mean you have to use it.

I find no reason (YMMV) to let users know dates or points. I especially don't want them to know they have room to act out before disciplinary action.
My experience has been the exact opposite. In my community, troublesome users (the good ones, who actually value their account and are capable of being great contributors) are more careful when they can actually see how close they are to banishment.

For me, this continues to be the most dumb-founding of all missing features in XenForo.

Top Bottom