XF 1.5 New Paypal Subscription Change coming in 2018

donwon

How will this effect subscriptions in XF?

Got this email today from paypal:

We’re writing to notify you of some upcoming changes to the way PayPal creates, manages, and displays subscriptions. During 2018, we will launch a number of changes which will bring the following benefits and improvements:

• An improved experience for your customers
• The ability to suspend and reactivate subscriptions
• An easier way to manage subscriptions from your account.
• The ability to collect an outstanding amount if a scheduled payment fails

How will this affect my integration?

Beginning February 22, 2018, all new subscriptions will be created with a subscription ID beginning with the characters I- (e.g. I-5APLHGTHC2N4). Prior to this change, subscriptions were created with IDs beginning with the characters S- (e.g. S-5APLHGTHC2N4).

In the vast majority of cases, no integration changes will be required. However, if your integration relies on subscription IDs beginning with the characters S-, you will need to update your integration to also accept subscription IDs beginning with I-.

If you use Instant Payment Notifications (IPNs), please note that the subscription IDs received in IPNs will also be changing to the new I- format.

Will my existing subscriptions be affected?

There will be no changes to existing subscriptions with subscription IDs beginning with S- in February 2018. We will send a follow-up communication in January 2018 with details on next steps for the migration of existing S- subscriptions to I- subscriptions.

Where can I find more information?

Please see the FAQ page for further details about the upcoming changes.

Top Bottom