XF 2.2 New Member Message?

MediaSVI

I would like to set up an automatic message that is sent to a new member. I would like it to have the user's name in the message and some links to posts in the form. In the picture, you can see what I am talking about. Links should be no problem but I do not know how you have the forum put the user's name in?

Thank you for your time.

Screen Shot 2020-10-28 at 2.40.14 PM.webp

Thank you. So the system will automatically put the user's name in like in my picture?

I do not understand the "The following placeholders will be replaced in the message: {name}, {email}, {id}. You may also use {phrase:phrase_title} which will be replaced with the phrase text in the recipient's language."

Placeholders are tokens which are replaced in the message with the relevant data for the person viewing the message.
  • {name} will be replaced with the member's user name
  • {email} will be replaced with the member's email address
Code:
Hello {name}

Welcome to our site.

Your registered email address is: {email}

Ok, thank you. Just one more question...will this message be in the user message box or will it be sent to them as an email? I do see that I can select to have it sent as an email but I really just want it to be in the user's message box.

There are two options - conversation or email - choose the one you want.

If members have email notification for conversations set in their preferences, they will receive an email for the conversation.

Top Bottom