XF 1.3 New member able to create a poll

tommydamic68

Is there away to not have a certain usergroups not be able to create a poll, I have a brand new member able to create a poll.

I allow all users on my forum to create and vote in polls do hadn't noticed you couldn't restrict poll creation. Odd really as you can restrict voting in polls - so someone could create polls but then not vote in them. I agree it should be in the core, along with several other poll enhancement suggestions that have been made.

Too time consuming, the edits I mean, But thanks.
Not really, you spend more time here arguing about certain things than it would take to edit those templates. ;)

Anyway, that's your only option at the moment, the suggestion I linked you to was made back in June 2011 so you could be waiting a while for implementation in the core.

Not really. If it ever becomes a permission, just set it accordingly.
I have only had one member since August 2013, hmm, maybe 2 that have created a poll. The poll feature, thankfully, is not very user friendly and is stuffed at the bottom when crating a new thread. I will take my chances...:)

I allow all users on my forum to create and vote in polls do hadn't noticed you couldn't restrict poll creation. Odd really as you can restrict voting in polls - so someone could create polls but then not vote in them. I agree it should be in the core, along with several other poll enhancement suggestions that have been made.

Not really, you spend more time here arguing about certain things than it would take to edit those templates. ;)

Anyway, that's your only option at the moment, the suggestion I linked you to was made back in June 2011 so you could be waiting a while for implementation in the core.

Do I really come across as argumentative, as apposed to seeking knowledge with a bit of friendly, understanding support. Or, do certain posts/ threads attract cantankerous individuals who need their daily fix...;)

Your alright @Martok! :D

Top Bottom