Lack of interest New Media and visibility of album's photo

This suggestion has been closed automatically because it did not receive enough votes over an extended period of time. If you wish to see this, please search for an open suggestion and, if you don't find any, post a new one.

macroforum

Hi
i have this suggestion:

- now, if user upload a photo on his album, the photo is immediately public and is shown in New Media. My users would that when they upload a photo in album (existing or created at the time), they can choose the time to show the photo in New Media

Ultimately, i suggest to create new privacy permission, user/photo based: i upload a photo in my album and by default the photo is not shown in New Media. When i decide that the photo must be go in New Media, i go on edit photo and click to "Public this photo in New Media" ( this option must show only for photo in album)

album.webp

Thanks
Antonio

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
What about when users forget to make their photo public in New Media?

I suspect that most users are of the type that they want to upload their photos and then go. They don't want to faff around with lots of extra options - as it is I find that users rarely add tags because it's not an 'instant' thing when they upload their photos. Hence my suggestion here:

https://xenforo.com/community/threads/add-tags-and-fields-to-add-media-page.86928/

I can see that if this was to be implemented, the New Media block would be pretty barren as users would forget to make their photo public in that block.

I think a better solution already exists. You can set in the ACP the default for Albums to be private. Make this so on your forums. Then when users want to make their photos public, they can change their privacy settings for the album and that will populate the New Media block with their images.

I think a better solution already exists. You can set in the ACP the default for Albums to be private. Make this so on your forums. Then when users want to make their photos public, they can change their privacy settings for the album and that will populate the New Media block with their images.

But with your suggestion the entire album will populate New Media Block, right?

But with your suggestion the entire album will populate New Media Block, right?
That's correct. But so it would also be if a user made multiple photos visible in the block as per your suggestion.

Another possibility that can be done currently is that users could have a private album and they could move photos from this to a public album (if you set the permissions to do this accordingly). That would get you what you want right now.

Ok, i understand.
But my suggestion is related mainly to single photo, not multiple or entire album.
I think i need custom work...my suggestion is too personal :)

Top Bottom