Filters for New media and New media comments

Sim

It would be great to implement filters for New media and New media comments searches like we now have for posts.

For New media, we currently have:
  • Unviewed media
  • Your media
What would be useful to add is:
  • Media you have commented on
  • Media with no comments
  • Watched media (but we can't currently watch media - so implement that first! ... and by Watched I mean a forum/thread watch rather than watching a video - could be confusing, but don't have a better suggestion for terminology)

For New media comments, we currently have:
  • Unread comments
What would be useful is:
  • Media with no comments
Indeed, if you change the layout of the New media comments list as per this report: https://xenforo.com/community/threa...play-in-list-form-like-search-results.133621/ ... then I think there is merit in largely duplicating the filter functionality between the two views - they will work differently - one will display an image grid, the other will display a list with images as smaller thumbnails and more visible textual information - so I think the filters will be of equal value depending on how people prefer to interact with the searches.

So perhaps:

New media
  • Unviewed media
  • Your media
  • Media with no comments
  • Media you have rated
  • Watched media
New media comments
  • Unread comments
  • Media you have commented on (or rated?)
  • Media with no comments
  • Media you have rated (ratings are basically comments right? - this might be redundant if we treat comments and ratings as the same)
  • Watched media (New comments on watched media - assuming we can actually watch media)
We could even get funky like showing "unrated media" or "minimum media rating" (eg "show only images with rating 4 or higher").

Upvote 1
Top Bottom