1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New Macbook Pro 2011

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Vincent, Feb 24, 2011.

1. Vincent

Vincent Well-Known Member

2. Mikey

Mikey Well-Known Member

I bought 10 last night.
    in my dreams :(
    Vincent, John and Onimua like this.
  3. physicspirate

physicspirate Well-Known Member

they look pretty sweet. I've never heard of thunderbolt before though. I wonder what the ipad 2 will look like.
  4. Shamil

Shamil Well-Known Member

I purchased one today.
    ManagerJosh likes this.
  5. Jake Bunce

Jake Bunce XenForo Moderator Staff Member

I want a mac mini pro model. Like a macbook pro without the integrated peripherals.
  6. Andy.N

Andy.N Well-Known Member

What's been updated? I looked at the link a month ago and it looks the same to me.
  7. Shamil

Shamil Well-Known Member

New processor spec for nearly all machines. New graphics card: AMD/ATI.
  8. Andy.N

Andy.N Well-Known Member

And new price? ;)
    I wonder where do you guy have money to buy such expensive machine? Must be a bunch of rich startup people around here. ha.
  9. dutchbb

dutchbb Well-Known Member

Well they're great machines if you don't have to deal with the still unresolved and by Apple ignored screen blink problem (MBP model 2008, not sure if it's present in newer models). Otherwise well worth the money if you can afford it.
  10. Jeffin

Jeffin Well-Known Member

My cousin just bought the old model macbook pro. He would have waited if he knew that the model was changing. Daang.
  11. Shamil

Shamil Well-Known Member

If he's in his 14 days return period....
    Jeffin likes this.
  12. Jeffin

Jeffin Well-Known Member

Oh wow. I should tell him that!
  13. Steve Machol

Steve Machol Active Member

BTW, don't buy an iPad or iPhone right now either. New versions are on their way.
    Shamil likes this.
  14. Shamil

Shamil Well-Known Member

Definitely not going to get an iPhone this time round. The next iPad will need to ooh me, before I even commit to clicking on the Buy Now link.
  15. Onimua

Onimua Well-Known Member

tickedon and Shamil like this.
  16. Wuebit

Wuebit Well-Known Member

• 17-inch. Starts at $2499.
    • What the hell!!!!!! i could buy a full hardcore gaming pc for this o_O
    • Do people buy these???!!!!
    • More money than sence
    MGSteve, krstep and Darkimmortal like this.
  17. Tigratrus

Tigratrus Well-Known Member

new iPad should be first, followed by iPhone in late June early July IIRC.

It's not really a big surprise that not many folks went for the iPhone 4 on Verizon, not with the iPhone 5 being so close. :)

The new MacBook Pro lineup looks very impressive, in addition to the much improved cpu and the new IO system being twice as fast as USB 3 is awesome, though getting peripherals that use it might be tricky. ;)
  18. Tigratrus

Tigratrus Well-Known Member

Can you carry that hardcore gaming rig like a large clipboard?[​IMG]

I agree that the top of the line is overly expensive, but that's always the case. There's always a premium on the top of the line, you always get a much better bang for your buck by going down a couple rungs on the product ladder. We homeschool too, so we always get 10% off Mac products anyway, but they are still expensive. The build quality is superb though.
  19. Wuebit

Wuebit Well-Known Member

I have no need for such thing's :D but I see you'er point but I would still by a cheap 200 gpb one if I ever needed one :)
  20. dutchbb

dutchbb Well-Known Member

Not everyone wants a hardcore gaming pc... MBPs are just very nice laptops which are really a pleasure to work on, for that reason people buy them.
    tickedon, jasetaro and Onimua like this.