1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New License – Beta version available?

Discussion in 'XenForo Pre-Sales Questions' started by Motobaka, Jun 20, 2013.

1. Motobaka

Motobaka Active Member

Hi there,

I have been looking at your forum and I´m pretty amazed. We used to have a pretty robust forum but we lost it (long story) and now we would like to restart the forum experience at our site.

If I buy it now, would I be able to get the beta version?

I believe it’s 1.2.

2. Russ

Russ Well-Known Member

Yes you would :)

Shelley likes this.
  3. Shelley

Shelley Well-Known Member

Yes beta 1.2 would be available to you but it's strong advised you do not upgrade or convert your forum as it's still beta. :)

Ninja'd by @Russ

Russ likes this.
  4. Motobaka

Motobaka Active Member

Thank you both for your quick answers.

We currently don’t have a forum, we are going to begin again from scratch, so I basically just want to play with it and probably style it before it is opened for the public.

I know it is very early, but do any of you know if there is a Spanish translation for this version?

5. Russ

Russ Well-Known Member

Any translations would be found here:

http://xenforo.com/community/resources/categories/translations.31/

@lms is usually on top of things like this I know there's a Spanish translation for the latest stable XF version however don't believe he's gotten around to updating it to the latest beta version(as it was released today :D )

Motobaka likes this.
  6. Motobaka

Motobaka Active Member

Thank you very much :)

7. Shelley

Lucky you. :) Then you have nothing to really worry about. Bare in mind there are a few add-ons that yet need to be made compatible with 1.2 but most of the issues are minor so i don't expect we'll be waiting for long for those. Anyhow, get purchasing and welcome to xenforo. :D :)

@Adam Howard has kindly compiled a list of add-ons with some minor issues with 1.2 beta you may be interested in taking a look at (i'll post the link as soon as i find that thread).

edit: Here's that link. http://xenforo.com/community/threads/xf-1-2-add-on-compatibility.52931/

Adam Howard and Motobaka like this.
  8. Motobaka

Motobaka Active Member

Thank you all for your help. I just bought the license.

Renada, Morgain, TsuChi and 1 other person like this.
  9. lms

lms Well-Known Member

Coming soon but patient, there are four spanish versions. Look at xenfacil.com that there will be news soon but not before tomorrow (I am a doctor and now I'm on call).
    Estoy en ello pero paciencia que son cuatro versiones de español.

Mira en xenfacil.com que habrá noticias en breve pero no antes de mañana (soy médico y hoy estoy de guardia)

Salud2

10. Motobaka

Motobaka Active Member

Before tomorrow? This was just released. You are really quite fast. I will give xenfacil a visit and will look forward to being able to translate this later this week. Thanks for your fast response.

11. Shelley

I have to admit the 3rd party resource providers work very fast when it comes to updating their resources. :D They are a very dedicated Bunch and really do provide a great service to the community.

12. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

You will need to associate your forum account with it before you can post in the customer forums and download resources.

13. Motobaka

Motobaka Active Member

Hopefully I have already done that. If you know I haven’t please let me know.

Thanks.

14. Morgain

Morgain Well-Known Member

Croeso, bienvenida and welcome to XF.

Motobaka likes this.
  15. zenhyi

zenhyi New Member

Welcome to XenForo. I just recently bought my License too. It looks like there are tons of cool features for XenForo 1.2. So, at the moment I am waiting for it's release. Using the beta version is not a good idea as Shelley said, I heard from somewhere a stable version for 1.2 would be released within 1~2 weeks however, it is not a confirmed ETA.

16. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

Whatever you have heard is not correct.

There is currently no date for the stable release of 1.2.0.

zenhyi and Jeremy like this.
  17. Slavik

Slavik XenForo Moderator Staff Member

Where do you get this info?

Because, theres no set release schedule as it stands...

18. zenhyi

zenhyi New Member

http://xenforo.com/community/threads/xenforo-1-15-editor-bug.53174/#post-568466

He stated "few weeks" but I knew it wasn't an exact ETA for XenForo 1.2 as it is just an estimate of when it will be coming out. Thats why I said " it is not a confirmed ETA."

And as Brogan stated: "There is currently no date for the stable release of 1.2.0." so.. it can take either weeks or months. So, I guess I will use the 1.15 for now as I think it's the latest stable version.

19. Shelley

I think you can take anything about an eta on 1.2.0 stable with a pinch of salt. Not even the devs know when it'll be stable since there will most definitely be factors and possibly fixes unforeseen that will need addressing.

zenhyi likes this.
  20. Slavik

Slavik XenForo Moderator Staff Member

That would be best :)

zenhyi likes this.