new law: internet dating safety act of 2011

On the plus side, more jobs are being opened up. Facebook will need a background checking department, applications opening soon!!!

Indeed. It's famous for being the whoring capital of the world. google plus is playing catchup. whoring in all it's formats needs to be contained. :ROFLMAO:

The Internet Dating Law in New York should have required men to disclose whether they have, in the past, distributed pictures of their private parts on Twitter or other online services so that the general public may be adequately protected from the members of Congress. (Actually, that's subtly funnier after a reread.... not sure if all you folks in the UK follow the full reference.)

On some occasions, I would like nothing more than to distance myself from being associated with the practice of law. Some politicians have been known to be obsessed with the appearance of being a hero for the people but not at all concerned with actually being a hero or understanding the cause which the people need championed. Hopefully the law enacted will be sufficiently convoluted so that enough non-lawyers won't understand that the actual proceeds of all the talk (taxpayer paid dinners to discuss work at trendy restaurants and fine limo rides home) is merely the complete and utter waste of your tax dollars. Why am I so sarcastic? I read New Jersey's Act, which probably is what prompted New York to take action to protect us from the dangers of predators who lurk online. So how shall this be accomplished in our sister state in New Jersey. This is what I pulled up... no joke.

Internet Dating Safety Act N.J.S.A. 56:8-168 et seq.

56:8-171 Requirements for Internet dating services

An Internet dating service offering services to New Jersey members shall: Provide safety awareness notification that includes, at minimum, a list and description of safety measures reasonably designed to increase awareness of safer dating practices as determined by the service. Examples of such notifications include:
  • "Anyone who is able to commit identity theft can also falsify a dating profile.
  • "There is no substitute for acting with caution when communicating with any stranger who wants to meet you."
  • "Never include your last name, e-mail address, home address, phone number, place of work, or any other identifying information in your Internet profile or initial e-mail messages. Stop communicating with anyone who pressures you for personal or financial information or attempts in any way to trick you into revealing it.
  • "Never get into a car with a stranger you've met for the first time, even if he or she seems friendly and trustworthy."
I ask you: (a) Which one of the above bullet points is NOT actually law and something I threw in? (b) Which one of these have any of you with young children not repeated to them often in some similar and appropriate equivalent format?

For crying out loud... the law should read: "if you really are unable to comprehend that a person capable of committing theft is also capable of lying on a dating profile, then you are a complete danger unto yourself and you should contact the state immediately so a full time guardian can be appointed for your protection." There was one suggestion that had a minimal benefit, which was the suggestion to tell someone when you're going out to meet someone you've never met before.

Still... are we going to hold dating sites liable for not providing these absolutely common sense warnings? An investment law as such would be far more beneficial: Beware of investing your money with a wall street banker as such may result in your money disappearing due to fraud since the penalty for stealing $1.2 million of account holder money may be even less than the prison sentence handed out to a man who pretended to act like an autistic baby.

And there you have it folks - proof that truth is indeed stranger than fiction.

There are great ones and they're not the idiots, but the ones that just go out to play the system for a buck - those are the ones we can do without.

Top Bottom