New Install

Craig

Good evening,

I just finished installing my new xenforo software per http://xenforo.com/community/threads/installation-guide.8102/. The problem I am having is when I put in the url i get the following;

Index of /

Apache/2.2.17 (Unix) mod_ssl/2.2.17 OpenSSL/0.9.8e-fips-rhel5 mod_auth_passthrough/2.1 mod_bwlimited/1.4 FrontPage/5.0.2.2635 Server at www.wrxmodforums.com Port 8

How do I get my forum to show up using just the regular URL instead of having to add /community to the end?

If you want the forum home page to load just by entering the main domain URL and you have installed in the root then add this to your root .htaccess file:

Code:
DirectoryIndex index.php

Lu Kas,

I did what you recommended and now I get the following error message

Warning: require(/home/wrxmod/public_html/library/XenForo/Autoloader.php) [function.require]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/wrxmod/public_html/install/index.php on line 7

Fatal error: require() [function.require]: Failed opening required '/home/wrxmod/public_html/library/XenForo/Autoloader.php' (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/wrxmod/public_html/install/index.php on line 7

You seem to be missing the install directory and/or the index.php file in that directory.

Where do you want to install your forum - in the root or in a sub-directory as it is here, e.g. /community?

When i type the domain (www.example.com) i want the forum to show up i am getting the following;

Index of /

Apache/2.2.17 (Unix) mod_ssl/2.2.17 OpenSSL/0.9.8e-fips-rhel5 mod_auth_passthrough/2.1 mod_bwlimited/1.4 FrontPage/5.0.2.2635 Server at www.wrxmodforums.com Port 80
You are missing the internal_data directory and possibly other things. I've not checked with the latest release regarding what is not included with the upgrade only package, but you may need to re-download your software from xf.com. There is an upgrade and full version available, be sure to get the full version.

As I posted above, you need to add a line to your .htaccess and/or set up a redirect to the index.php file.

With nothing in the root (and listing enabled), the browser will just display the contents of the directory.

this may seem like a dumb question, but during installation what do most people click at this point?

Remove all XenForo-related data, including posts and users

As I posted above, you need to add a line to your .htaccess and/or set up a redirect to the index.php file.

With nothing in the root (and listing enabled), the browser will just display the contents of the directory.

Brogan,

Thanks i seem to have the installation working now.

You are missing the internal_data directory and possibly other things. I've not checked with the latest release regarding what is not included with the upgrade only package, but you may need to re-download your software from xf.com. There is an upgrade and full version available, be sure to get the full version.

Something was missing. The auto install seems to be working now just curious about the " Remove all XenForo-related data, including posts and users" question during install.

Glad to hear it.

Don't hesitate to post back for any further questions or problems.

Something was missing. The auto install seems to be working now just curious about the " Remove all XenForo-related data, including posts and users" question during install.
That's because the database already exists from your first installation attempt.
If you want to do a completely new install you can just drop the tables from the DB but there's no need to do so.

Top Bottom