New install on self hosted SQL server. Xenforo not appearing

RG70Hz

I set up a new Windows Server 2019 install on a home server. I have php 8.x.x (the latest available download) and MySQL server/databases. Everything is working as expected until I put my upload folder in my wwwroot directory.

It will not let me access the files/pages for some reason. I get an Error Code 500 error. Everything else works though. I made a test page and no problems. I created a new database and that’s about it. No other tinkering.

What could be causing this?
Is there a php setting I don’t have configured?
Sql configuration?

If someone could point me in the right direction I would greatly appreciate it.

Everything is working as expected until I put my upload folder in my wwwroot directory.
Assuming you want the URL to be at the domain root, upload the contents of the folder, not the folder itself.

However, I have checked the root and /upload and can't find any XF files there.

I get an Error Code 500 error.
The server error log may provide some clues.

Assuming you want the URL to be at the domain root, upload the contents of the folder, not the folder itself.

However, I have checked the root and /upload and can't find any XF files there.

The server error log may provide some clues.
I’ve done that. There actually is a xenforo folder in wwwrooot! I’ve also put the contents of the folder directly into the root while removing the others and keeping phpmyadmin. Still wouldn’t show. Here’s a screenshot of my wwwroot.

Attachments

• B4BD2C55-6924-4BAC-9386-6D7DFE9F1AAB.webp
    B4BD2C55-6924-4BAC-9386-6D7DFE9F1AAB.webp
    26.9 KB · Views: 10
Have a look at the error file C:\Windows\Temp\php-8.2.3_errors.log and see if it shows any errors.

I notice you are using PHP8.2.3, you should probably lower it to a version in the recommended 8.0.x range.
My xenforo is 1.2.9. Could that have anything to do with it?

Yeah, I'm pretty sure that PHP8.2.3 is far too high for that.
What do you think the last supported version would be? I want to refrain from purchasing an updated license as this is just for testing and in the end has no real purpose. I just enjoy tinkering and learning about the process.

Top Bottom