• postbit_new3.webp
    postbit_new3.webp
    2.9 KB · Views: 175
  • postbit_new4.webp
    postbit_new4.webp
    2.9 KB · Views: 177
I like this one -
postbit_new3-png.975

Yeah, the images I designed in the mockup are images. I just really loathe the current visual of the indicator and even more so when it's embedded into the quote box. Trying to create alternatives and then suggest but up till now nothing new is forthcoming.

Silly question but is the "New" indicator really required?

I hardly ever notice it and as clicking on the thread takes you to where you last left off, it seems redundant to me.

I seldom use it. And I have to admit, it's something that I really dis-like. Especially when it's embedded within the quotes. Maybe something visually more appealing and located (esp the quote "new") revised with some padding or the image/css size properties made smaller whatever direction this takes. :)

I hardly ever notice it and as clicking on the thread takes you to where you last left off, it seems redundant to me.
I've found it useful when you scroll back up to look at something and then want to scroll back down and remember where I last was. For particularly long posts it's a bit helpful.

Grmblll ;)... in a post (#1) like this ... a lightbox with the option to switch between all images attached would come in very handy. But... I assume on this fast growing board it must already have been suggested :rolleyes:

I had exactly the same thought when I read this thread and thought about if I ever looked at the [New]-icon here at all. Answer: not once. Why is it necessary to put such a rather BIG icon on every post that is new? I mean, when I click on the thread title it already brings me to first -unread. So, I can see what I did not read ... the first posting I didn't read and everything else that follows. Why from an end-user point of view is it convenient to keep seeing what postings are new through this indicator? No criticism, just thinking out loud, because maybe I just do not get it yet.

Next to the questionable value I also completely agree with this:

I just really loathe the current visual of the indicator and even more so when it's embedded into the quote box.

Having said that, this is a trivial 'issue' for me. If at all... because it's just visual and doesn't get in the way of any functionality.

Top Bottom