New Guitar Forum

kaoticnick

Hey guys! I tried out phpBBx last year when I wanted to set up a forum on my site but didn't like it very much. It's not that I didn't think it was a decent forum script but it looks cheesy and was too vulnerable to spam bots. Then I was taking a look at vBulletin but I just never thought it was worth the price tag of nearly $200 (not to me and my budget)- even if it is the most popular (or maybe was until recently).

That being said, I think I read about Xenforo on DigitalPoint and was wondering what it was and how come I'd never heard of it. Next thing I knew I was on this site and totally loving the layout! THIS is worth $140 any day! :D

Anyone care to take a look at my forum? http://www.ihatebarrechords.com/forum/

Well done - I think for new forums like yours XenForo is an ideal platform - it will certainly encourage users to join and take part. Good luck with it! :)

Great idea for a forum. Are you going to get another style or stick with the XenForo default style?
We can't really "critique" anything yet. :)

and tomorrow you will have a new competitor.. it will be called "I Love Power Chords" :D
jk.. Actually i like the idea maybe ill join up when i get a cpl spare minutes.

Again, thanks everyone for the nice welcome! :)

@Peggy I don't think I'll be changing the skin/layout anytime soon actually - I like it!

@VonDoom I SWEAR I got that EXACT idea when I started the site last year! No joke! Almost registered the domain just in case but I couldn't bother with building it up! :P

And yeah it'd be great if you joined up! :)

Not much to critique yet :)

One thing... why do you have the Wordpress Favicon instead of the Xenforo or a site specific one?

@Kim 'Cause I installed it in a forum directory within my Wordpress blog that has that favicon. I think I'll design my own favicon and use that for the entire site! ...when I get around to it....lmao

Did I mention I REALLY LOVE Xenforo?!! :D Loving it more by the second! :)

Haha...how do I make one?...and then how would I put it in? (I'm a forum noob lmao)

'Cause I kinda broke the bank to buy Xenforo (and don't regret it in the slightest :) ) so yeah...I'd have to design it myself or ask a friend :/

Interesting will watch this thread :P Might join up later and learn few things hopefully .

Any plans on changing skin .

@iTuN3r Please do! And then share what you know with others! That's the idea! :) and I'm definitely open to changing the skin and stuff once it's got off and running for a couple weeks :)

I hope this doesn't come off as an unnecessary bump because when I created this thread two months ago I had just bought Xenforo and had made almost no changes to the layout! Now I've finally done lots of tweaking and editing - with the help of some early members - and want some feedback! :D

Thanks! :D

I agree now that you mention it! How would I go about fixing that (preferably without having to edit code)? :confused: Or should I just live with it for now?

Not sure :)
The font size at Xenforo.com is much larger than your site.
One of the reason why xenforo.com looks so clean is the nice big font size.
tiny small lame fonts are the feature at another forum software that starts with a v.

I think with the small fonts if you used a fixed width forum ... that might help.

Attachments

• xenforo.com.vs.i.hate.barre.chords.font.size.webp
    xenforo.com.vs.i.hate.barre.chords.font.size.webp
    63.5 KB · Views: 8
Top Bottom