New Forum

isaiahv

I created a forum a few months ago. I went through Go daddy and have "Hosting - Web - Economy - Linux cPanel"

15f904a6500847cccd0daeafefe7a31a.png

Right now I'm getting about 100 unique visitors per day. In another few months I hope to see around 500 per day. My question is, is what I currently have enough, or should I be looking for a different host?

There is no difference between having 100 visitors and 500 visitors as long as they don't all show up at the same time. Your hosting is fine for 500UV per day in my opinion.

Godaddy is great if you love server errors. Be ready for it. It's bound to eventually start causing you problems.

Hard to say as it depends on your plugins, themes, how many are on at the same time and the resource limitations put in place (CPU, Ram etc).

On a standard XenForo install and assuming you host is reasonable with the resource limitations, I'd imagine you should be fine. If not, try another shared provider before moving to a VPS+ as they would probably recommend.

For $5/month you can easily find a reliable Linux host without severely overloaded shared servers, cPanel, 1GB disk, 10GB BW, mySQL/etc. I used to be on GoDaddy and I can tell you that you will eventually have issues. You might find someone on their help line that can figure out the problem but you're at the mercy of whoever they hired for cheap to answer the phone. A smaller host (or rather, a non-mega host) usually knows their system like the back of their hand and is able to diagnose and correct issues that may arise.

Get one that knows Xenforo and you're even better off.

For $5/month you can easily find a reliable Linux host without severely overloaded shared servers, cPanel, 1GB disk, 10GB BW, mySQL/etc. I used to be on GoDaddy and I can tell you that you will eventually have issues. You might find someone on their help line that can figure out the problem but you're at the mercy of whoever they hired for cheap to answer the phone. A smaller host (or rather, a non-mega host) usually knows their system like the back of their hand and is able to diagnose and correct issues that may arise.

Get one that knows Xenforo and you're even better off.
Who would you recommend? :)

Top Bottom