New first post changing thread owner.

Hi, I'm an administrator on a forum and I've been running into this bug way too often recently. So some of my threads and other users threads have been merged in some odd way, no one had actually merged the thread but instead it just sort of happened out of nowhere. The picture below is a picture of my art thread you can see the first post is something completely unrelated and it is no longer my thread. I can't delete this post as it would delete my entire thread. I hope there is some way to fix this because it has been happening all over the forum.
3887fcb8c15321cdcc23bfc3a2ea4bc8.png

Can you confirm if there are any entries in the Moderator Log ( /admin.php?logs/moderator ) that relate to threads being modified/merged ?

What about if you check Thread Tools > Moderator Actions (in your screenshot) - any clues there?

Otherwise it's looking like a potential add-on issue.

There is nothing in the core software which would cause that.

Other than a moderator or an add-on, the only other thing I could think of is the DB being shared by multiple installations, although that would only happen if two installs were explicitly set up to do so (and should never be done for obvious reasons).

You can resolve the issue by splitting the first post off to a new thread/another thread - that will restore the original thread and first post.

You will need to investigate what caused it though.

Top Bottom