1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New Dark style added, but not working in 'forums'

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting and Problems' started by MrNorwood, Apr 4, 2013.

1. MrNorwood

MrNorwood New Member

I've searched this but found no one with a similar problem.

I am developing a new Dark style in my xenforo installation using the color palette tools and custom styling. The style propagates to everything EXCEPT the forums themselves. That is, when I click on a forum name from the main page, then arrive at the forums list, my new "Dark" style/theme does not show, but the Default white/blue xenforo theme does. Every single other page in my community works fine, utilizing the new style/theme.

Any ideas why this might be happening just for the forums? I have no add-ons installed, no third party software, no third party themes, or mods. Just the basic install with a new style created.

Any ideas why this would just be happening to one area of the site?

I am seeing the issue in multiple browsers, so it's not a cache issue. Check it here:

2. Jeremy

Jeremy XenForo Moderator Staff Member

Verify that you haven't set "Override user style choice" in your node settings.

Edit: Just wanted to say the blur on the text in the nav bar makes it hard to read and can be a turn off to some users.
    Nasr likes this.
  3. MrNorwood

MrNorwood New Member

Thank you, kind sir. Solved.

Re: the awful layout... not done yet. I'll password protect the directory again until completion.

Thanks again, King.
  4. Jeremy

Jeremy XenForo Moderator Staff Member

I didn't mean to imply it was awful. ;) Just that blurred text can make visiting your forum displeasing! Constructive criticism, not insult. Glad it was an easy fix.
  5. MrNorwood

MrNorwood New Member

No insult or implication taken. I'm the one who thinks it's awful... =)