New content limit

New content limit [Paid] 1.7

No permission to buy ($35.00)

AndyB

AndyB submitted a new resource:

New content limit - Limits the number of new threads, posts and conversations allowed to be made in a day.

Premium upgrade:

For $25.00 USD this add-on along with the entire collection may be downloaded for up to one year. Please see the colletion in the Resources area at this URL:

https://www.xf2addons.com/

Description:

Limits the number of new threads, posts and conversations allowed to be made in a day.

This is useful to prevent a spammer from creating thousands of threads, posts and conversations on your forum in a short amount of time.

(Example of Options page)...

Read more about this resource...

1. Does this integrate with the Group permissions?
2. Possibility to restrict this to given forums only and not across the board?

@AndyB Please add functionality can Excluded forum from limit. Also does this showing message about how many thread/post remaining?

Hi, great addon (y) Thanks!

An idea for future versions: Could you please add an "Exclude usergroup" (or Include usergroup) option because I only want to limit the content creation for new users but not for my trusted long-time users who already got promoted to a more privileged usergroup.

Hi, great addon (y) Thanks!

An idea for future versions: Could you please add an "Exclude usergroup" (or Include usergroup) option because I only want to limit the content creation for new users but not for my trusted long-time users who already got promoted to a more privileged usergroup.
This would be nice.

@AndyB Do moderation warning conversations count towards the 24 hour total? What about new member welcome messages?

Hey,
addon doesn't work.
User creates a conversation and instantly leaves the conversation, does this for ~1000 times, no problem.
Limits are ignored.

Hey,
addon doesn't work.
User creates a conversation and instantly leaves the conversation, does this for ~1000 times, no problem.
Limits are ignored.
Quoting myself here because I can't edit or remove the post anymore.

After being in contact with @AndyB he fixed an issue where you could still send messages through a direct request.
Andy is the man, very helpful and willing to work out any problems, can't recommend his addons highly enough!

Rather than allow users to purchase an upgrade to post more frequently, would this plugin allow me to specify for one user to only make, for instance, 20 posts in a day?

Top Bottom