1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New Avatar?

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Wired, Aug 16, 2010.

1. Wired

Wired Active Member

I'm no artist, but I'd like to somehow create a higher res image of the avatar I have here. Anyone happen to see an avatar creator that can create the same avatar (or something damn close)? Artists renditions welcomed :) I'll have to find the full body avatar and post it as well.
    ked38 likes this.
  2. KURTZ

KURTZ Well-Known Member

ask to Shelley, maybe she can give you a hand ... :)
  3. Shelley

Shelley Well-Known Member

Looks to me like a Pencil (Tool)/pixel by pixel structure. It's not the type of designs I do, though I'm sure someone else will easily be able to re-create this and add in the additional shading and shadowing. It would be an hours job at most. :)
  4. Wired

Wired Active Member

Wasn't a pixel by pixel design. Just some avatar creator thing online.
  5. iGamer

iGamer Active Member

You'd be better off vectorizing it, then from there you can export it to any file format. The way it is right now, i think it is the only way to do it. You can maybe do it in PS, but i don't think it will be that easy, plus it might take you a bit of time to basically re-draw it.
    ked38 likes this.
  6. Wired

Wired Active Member

Yeah, that's why I'm trying to find the same creator tool, or someone who could do it. Could probably throw some papal bucks in to someone to upgrade it after I find the originals.
  7. iGamer

iGamer Active Member

Try the Vector Doctor over at: www.vectordoctor.com
    Should be fairly cheap to get it done, and he's really good at it.
    I use him all the time.
  8. Wired

Wired Active Member

Thanks for the link iGamer, prices look very reasonable! Gotta see if I can find the originals first.
  9. ked38

ked38 Member

Hi Wired,
    I like your avatar, maybe you can use coreldraw x4 to re-touch it.
    Then export/optimze it to bitmap ,my current avatar is made too with output setting at 96dpi.
  10. Wired

Wired Active Member

I have no artistic skill whatsoever, so Corel's a no go. Thanks for the suggestion though!