New Anti-Spam service available soon.

Will this add-on be able to List all those already registered spammers and spammed their profile/signatures etc ?

A small update.

In the small time the service has been up and running on the 20 or so forums it has been active, the API has stopped over 80,000 bot registrations.

To break that down, thats 20,000 a day, or 1000 per forum per day stopped.

And as more forums are being added, it is becoming more effective.
Nice work Slavik, if you need any further testers drop me a line.

I run one of the larger XF forums out there according to the list. Id be happy to give it a whirl when you open testing up some more.

Further testing is pulling out fantastic numbers. It seems the proof of concept is working realy well.

Tomorow I believe a widely used / usable release will be made to everyone :)

With the amount of interest and possible use you have, the numbers will only get higher.

Another update. As part of the push to improve the service for everyone, can large forums who get over 500 bot registration attempts per day, please drop me a PC. We have an additional offer for you :)

Just a simple message to thank you Slavik, I've just installed the version 2.0 of the Reg Form Timer, which actually does more than checking the registration delay with your api ;)
(y)(y)(y)

So is it just me or what is happening here?

It has been installed along side various anti-spam plugins now, and is being installed on more

Currently added to:

Reg Forum Timer
Fool Bot Honey Pot
CustomImgCaptcha

It's now stopped just under 1/2 a million bot attempts (431668) and continues to get stronger.
The more XenForo forums that use it, the higher the % of bots it catches

It currently catches more than 95% and this figure keeps going up. It would be nice if we had a few more forums that are getting hit hard by bots to help out :

Another update. As part of the push to improve the service for everyone, can large forums who get over 500 bot registration attempts per day, please drop me a PC. We have an additional offer for you

Send a PM to myself / Slavik

Another 20 forums helping and this figure will be above 99.9%

It has been installed along side various anti-spam plugins now, and is being installed on more

Currently added to:

Reg Forum Timer
Fool Bot Honey Pot
CustomImgCaptcha

It's now stopped just under 1/2 a million bot attempts (431668) and continues to get stronger.
The more XenForo forums that use it, the higher the % of bots it catches

It currently catches more than 95% and this figure keeps going up. It would be nice if we had a few more forums that are getting hit hard by bots to help out :

Send a PM to myself / Slavik

Another 20 forums helping and this figure will be above 99.9%

Just FYI, two of your links are broken, the reg timer and the image capture.

Just FYI, two of your links are broken, the reg timer and the image capture.
sorted...

How would we know how many bot registration attempts we get?
Is there a log for the default setup?

No, but a rough approximation is fine.

You should know roughly how many bots register, and if you already use an anti spam mechanism, most of them (but not all of them) provide logs... so that can help
Failing that, have a look through your server access logs, particularly those ip addresses that are hitting the registration page.

Top Bottom