Never been happier as a forum admin

kontrabass

Just gotta make another YAY thread!

I started my forum in 1998, and was with vBulletin from the nearly the beginning. I just have to say, that 13 million posts later and after years of not knowing what to do, I've never been more excited as a forum admin about my job, and about making a BIG change to XenForo!

Thanks to everyone here for not giving up!

I started my forum in 1998, and was with vBulletin from the nearly the beginning. I just have to say, that 13 million posts later and after years of not knowing what to do, I've never been more excited as a forum admin about my job, and about making a BIG change to XenForo!

Hopefully i'll have a working version of DP's importer to start converting some boards over next week :)

Hopefully i'll have a working version of DP's importer to start converting some boards over next week :)

Will you be selling it? I'd love a faster one then what I'm using now to convert clients from vB to xF.. It supporting 3.x too would be a plus!

Will you be selling it? I'd love a faster one then what I'm using now to convert clients from vB to xF.. It supporting 3.x too would be a plus!

Maybe, even with the changes i've made, each forum does require quite a bit of customisation. I may just offer it as a service instead.

Maybe, even with the changes i've made, each forum does require quite a bit of customisation. I may just offer it as a service instead.

We'll probably be in need of said custom service - we're still running vB 3.6 and will need a speedy importer...

Funny, but none of this stuff was ever discussed on my hearth forum - that is, the members didn't know about all this lawsuit stuff, but today some of them posted a "congrats" thread! So the news has really spread inside the internet community. In fact, that reminds me - gotta twitter and goog+ and etc. about it!

The exodus is well underway!!

Congrats on the decision, I'm in the same situation and feel exactly the same :)

It made me feel like a young webmaster again when I spent a couple months last spring doing the testing and making the move!

Running the same site for 17 years gets boring in terms of interest in the content itself, but the tech....that's cool.

Great move man!

Yes we plan on it! We're actively testing out Slavik's vb4 importer. Looks very promising, but a few things to iron out. We'll probably wait for XF 1.2 just because we really need a couple of the features.

Top Bottom