1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need help with style chooser

Discussion in 'XenForo Development Discussions' started by Matthew Hawley, Oct 1, 2013.

1. Matthew Hawley

Matthew Hawley Well-Known Member

Okay so I'm trying to make the style chooser a popup menu. I was successful somewhat. It is working at the actual style chooser page but not in the footer.

You can see it here: http://2dmods.com/misc/style But first you will have to choose the style "Testing" then go to the link.

This is my code for style_chooser
    Code:
    <xen:title>{xen:phrase style_chooser}</xen:title>

<xen:container var="$head.metaNoindex"><meta name="robots" content="noindex" /></xen:container>

<xen:require css="chooser_overlay.css" />
    <xen:require css="style_chooser.css" />

<div class="section styleChooser" data-overlayClass="chooserOverlay">

<xen:if is="{$targetStyle}">

<div class="chooserConfirm">
                <h3 class="primaryContent chooserConfirm">
                    {xen:phrase please_confirm_that_you_would_like_to_change_to_following_style}:
                    <strong>{$targetStyle.title}</strong>
                </h3>
                <div class="secondaryContent">
                    <a href="{xen:link 'misc/style', '', 'style_id={$targetStyle.style_id}', '_xfToken={$visitor.csrf_token_page}', 'redirect={$redirect}'}" class="button primary">{xen:phrase use_this_style}</a>
                </div>
            </div>

<xen:else />
                            <li><div class="Popup">
                                  <a rel="Menu">Styles</a>
                                  <div class="Menu">
                                          <span class="arrowWidget"></span>
                                              <div class="primaryContent menuHeader">
                                        <div class="muted"><a href="{xen:link 'misc/style', '', 'style_id=0', '_xfToken={$visitor.csrf_token_page}', 'redirect={$redirect}'}">{xen:phrase use_default_style}</a></div>
                                    </div>
                                                <ul class="secondaryContent blockLinksList">
                                                    <xen:foreach loop="$styles" value="$style">
                                            <xen:if is="{$style.user_selectable} OR {$visitor.is_admin}">
                                            <li class="{xen:if '!{$style.user_selectable}', 'unselectable'}">
                                                <a href="{xen:link 'misc/style', '', 'style_id={$style.style_id}', '_xfToken={$visitor.csrf_token_page}', 'redirect={$redirect}'}">
                                                <span class="title">{$style.title}</span>
                                                </a>
                                            </li>
                                            </xen:if>
                                        </xen:foreach>
                                                </ul>
                                  </div>
                    </div></li>

Then I created a template called style_list and put this in it. Also I included the template in the style_chooser and it worked fine.
    Code:
      <li><div class="Popup">
                                  <a rel="Menu">Styles</a>
                                  <div class="Menu">
                                          <span class="arrowWidget"></span>
                                              <div class="primaryContent menuHeader">
                                        <div class="muted"><a href="{xen:link 'misc/style', '', 'style_id=0', '_xfToken={$visitor.csrf_token_page}', 'redirect={$redirect}'}">{xen:phrase use_default_style}</a></div>
                                    </div>
                                                <ul class="secondaryContent blockLinksList">
                                                    <xen:foreach loop="$styles" value="$style">
                                            <xen:if is="{$style.user_selectable} OR {$visitor.is_admin}">
                                            <li class="{xen:if '!{$style.user_selectable}', 'unselectable'}">
                                                <a href="{xen:link 'misc/style', '', 'style_id={$style.style_id}', '_xfToken={$visitor.csrf_token_page}', 'redirect={$redirect}'}">
                                                <span class="title">{$style.title}</span>
                                                </a>
                                            </li>
                                            </xen:if>
                                        </xen:foreach>
                                                </ul>
                                  </div>
                    </div></li>

This is what happens when I try to put it in the footer using:
    Code:
    <xen:include template="style_list" />
    And I get this error up top:

[​IMG]

And this is what the style list looks like.

[​IMG]

2. Jeremy

Jeremy XenForo Moderator Staff Member

$styles appears that its not available in the footer template. You'll need an add-on to make it available by extending a controller (or controllers).

3. Matthew Hawley

How do I extend the controller template?

4. Jeremy

Jeremy XenForo Moderator Staff Member

5. Matthew Hawley