1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XF 1.1 Need help with latest post positioning

Discussion in 'Styling and Customization Questions' started by grantus, Jul 2, 2013.

1. grantus

grantus Active Member

I created a fixed header on my forum so when you scroll down the page, it goes underneath the fixed header. The problem I have is when I go to a latest post, it of course snaps to the top of the browser window and my fixed header is blocking the top part of the latest post.

Where can I find the code where I could possibly push it down? Or is it possible at all?

2. Shelley

Shelley Well-Known Member

It might be best if you provide a link to your forum, specifically the style so whomever pops into this thread has a higher chance of debugging the issue you have.
  3. grantus

grantus Active Member

I don't have it set up live, it's only local so I can test it.
  4. Steve F

Steve F Well-Known Member

A screenshot would help then, hard to vision what your describing. ;)
  5. grantus

grantus Active Member

Ok so when I click on the link either on the homepage or from the list of latest posts:

It takes me to the most recent post, but the problem is that it goes to the top of the browser window. But I have a fixed header, so it cuts off part of the latest post:

I need to figure out a way to make the latest post go down a bit. I know that if there was a class added to the latest post link, I can offset the margin using CSS. Is there a way I can do this somewhere in Xenforo?