1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XF 1.5 Need help with category images (3 image cat header)

Discussion in 'Styling and Customization Questions' started by Jim Kingsnorth, Mar 21, 2016.

1. Jim Kingsnorth

Jim Kingsnorth Active Member

I have made lots of progress converting my themes to XF, but I am stumped with this. I own the copyright to two themes that Kim designed many years ago for IPB. I purchased the copyright from Kim (Dragonfly) when she was going out of business. I have made lots of progress on them but am stuck with the 3 image category header. I have been able to figure out 3 image forum headers, but cant find where to change the theme for the category headers. Probably CSS I would imagine.

heavensent.png

2. Jim Kingsnorth

BTW, once I get this worked out I will probably release this as a free theme. I also own Silent Night a Christmas theme.

My website is http://charismaticcentral.com
    you can choose Cloud 9 from the theme chooser.

3. Jim Kingsnorth

Well, I guess it can't be done. :(

4. Arty

Arty Well-Known Member

You need to edit property @categoryStrip

Set triple background in extra field like this
    Code:
    background: url("path_to_left_image.png") 0 0 no-repeat, url("path_to_right_image.png") 100% no-repeat, url("path_to_middle_image") 0 0 repeat-x;

5. Jim Kingsnorth

Thanks Arty. There is a little issue with the right image though using that. It is offset 5px-10px. I will post what it looks like tonight when I have my snagit software.

6. Arty

Arty Well-Known Member

I guess image has transparent corners and middle background gets through it? Then you need to redesign corner images, adding background color in transparent areas.

7. Jim Kingsnorth

Just needed to adjust the height of the image in the setting. Thanks Arty, that will help me in other areas of the themes like the sidebar.