1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XF 1.3 Need help with Ads

Discussion in 'Styling and Customization Questions' started by Jens1986, Jun 25, 2014.

1. Jens1986

Jens1986 Active Member

Hi,

I have been having some trouble getting ads to work as I want them to.

This is what I want:
    1. An Ad between the 1st and 2nd post on every page of a thread.
    2. An Ad after the last post on every page of a thread.
    3. When there is only 1 post on the page, I only want one Ad to show (so two Ads dont come right after each other)
    My questions:
    1. What template shall I use to get an Ad between the 1st and 2nd post on every page of a thread, and what wrap around do I need for the Adsense code?
    2. What template shall I use to get an Ad after the last post on every page of a thread, and what wrap around do I need to get the Ad not to show if there is only 1 post on the page?
    I have been fooling around with this for ages now.. I hope someone can help. :) Thanks!

2. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

3. Jens1986

Jens1986 Active Member

Thanks! Helped me some, but I have a couple of more questions:

I have managed to get an ad after the last post on every page, and an ad after the first post on every page. However, they dont look the same;

adsense.jpg

The ad after the first post is in the template ad_message_below. I want it to be between the 1st and 2nd post.

And my 2nd problem is how do I get the one of the ads not to show if there is only 1 post on the page/thread. Because I dont want 2 ads right after each other.

4. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

Use AND {$thread.reply_count} > 0

5. Jens1986

Jens1986 Active Member

But that wont fix the problem on 2nd, 3rd page etc? Only on first page?