1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need help with a styling problem

Discussion in 'Styling and Customization Questions' started by davespanzer, Dec 11, 2012.

1. davespanzer

davespanzer Active Member

Hi,

Not sure what I did or how this happened. But when I click any of my forums I get this gray space at the bottom.

Can anyone point me in the right direction to push this gray part down in the picture below so I can see the background.

Thank you!

[​IMG]

2. 0xym0r0n

0xym0r0n Well-Known Member

Did you try the .footer or #footer and change the background color to transparent or whatever?

davespanzer likes this.
  3. MagnusB

MagnusB Well-Known Member

The footer looks OK, I think it is a problem with the body tag, or the background. Do you have a link I / we can take a look at?

davespanzer and 0xym0r0n like this.
  4. davespanzer

5. 0xym0r0n

Checked out xenfocus skin and I don't see anything below footer?
    http://www.xenfocus.com/skins/baisik/index.php

You might have just placed the background for #content instead of the entire page... in that case the extra footer space is just the background color showing through.

davespanzer likes this.
  6. 0xym0r0n

Well this is where the color is coming from according to firebug
    html {
    background-color: #212121;
    overflow-y: scroll !important;
    }

So try playing with that.

MagnusB and davespanzer like this.
  7. davespanzer

ok, thanks I will see what I can find.

8. davespanzer

Ok,

It seemed clearing the background color did not have any effect, as I tried that before posting here.

So this is what worked for me.

Inside Style properites, General, HTML. I had to copy the background image path there also.

Thanks for helping me out, I just missed that HTML part.

Cheers

9. MagnusB

MagnusB Well-Known Member

Did you have the background only applied on body? You can just delete that, as html will override it anyway (not that it matters, it is just more "correct", and in some cases it might cause some visual glitches). The difference between html and body is that the html tag is the entire document, while the body is just the part with tags in it. So when you had so few posts (low height), the body tag was had a lower height than the html tag, and as such the background of the html tag (the solid grey color) was visible below the body tag.

0xym0r0n and davespanzer like this.
  10. davespanzer

Ok great, thanks allot! Appreciate the help guys :)