Need Help as a Newbie to creating themes

meSingh

I have a theme which have some fields in footer that require custom text provided by user.

At the movement i have set set pure html there. But i want to use xenforo template syntax and allow users to add text from the style properties page.

Now the problem is that i am completely new to xenforo coding. I have checked a couple of tutorials by Kier but they didn`t helped me much.

Can someone help me in this and provide just a sample code to put a custom text in footer. I am sure i will be able to add more later myself.

Thank in advance to anyone who helps me :)

You can put custom text in the footer by editing the footer template.

If you want the content of that to be a custom user input, create a new user field and then include it in the footer template using the {$user.customFields.x} where x is the field ID.

You can put custom text in the footer by editing the footer template.

If you want the content of that to be a custom user input, create a new user field and then include it in the footer template using the {$user.customFields.x} where x is the field ID.

Thanks for your response. But i already said above i am totally a newbie. I don`t know how to make a new custom filed and how to display it.
It will be a great help if you can give me just a simple code example.

Thanks for your response. But i already said above i am totally a newbie. I don`t know how to make a new custom filed and how to display it.
It will be a great help if you can give me just a simple code example.
I can't give you a code example because it requires making a custom user field.

Admin CP -> Search (top right) -> Field - top result will be 'Custom User Fields'

Click that link and you'll find yourself at a page allowing you to create a custom user field. Create one, and fill out the options appropriately, and then make sure you remember the field ID.

Then you can use the code: {$user.customFields.fieldID}

Ohh, looks like i was not clear enough here.

I want the option to come under my custom style in style properties tab and i want to place that text in a custom box in footer.

Hope this makes you clear enough :)

Top Bottom