Need a snapshot program

Matthew Hawley

So I need a snap shot program that allows you to choose the height and width of the size before you take the screenshot. Anyone know of a program?

Lightshot is a Firefox plugin, or also a stand-alone program I believe, love it. Press Print Screen then you choose where you want to take the screenshot.

Having a mac... this isn't an issue for me, as its built-in to take screenshots from full screen to custom size you pull around your content. Mac rules! All these little things I discovered is what changed me from PC to Mac in the first place... let alone many things you can obtain freely via the app store just like using your mobile / tablet.

Buy an Apple
cmd+shift+4

Windows
Get a photo editor
Press the Prt Scr button on your keyboard
Paste photo into photo editor
adjust size.

Windows or Apple option 2
Get Adobe Photoshop
Use any screen capture software that auto saves to your selected destination
Open Photoshop go to Files -> Scripts -> Image Processor
Select folder to take from and folder to drop in after completion
Save as *insert file type here* and click 'resize to fit'
Insert size options here

If you use crome go look at the options. I'm sure there's an overflow of them otherwise suck it up and DO THE TIME.

Windows Vista and above

Use the "Snipping Tool".

Drag an area around your screen, much larger than you need.
Copy.
Paste into any half decent photo editor (Paint.net is very simple but has some powerful features).
Change the canvas size to your required dimensions. (In Paint.net, for example, you can anchor the canvas to certain points).

Having a mac... this isn't an issue for me, as its built-in to take screenshots from full screen to custom size you pull around your content. Mac rules! All these little things I discovered is what changed me from PC to Mac in the first place... let alone many things you can obtain freely via the app store just like using your mobile / tablet.

Why didn't I think of that... just go buy a Mac to take better screenshots.

Why didn't I think of that... just go buy a Mac to take better screenshots.
Hey, we all know that Mac's rule in graphics! :p
Actually, Gimp is probably one of the easiest (and it's free) to use, but it still doesn't allow you to entery x,y co-ord's. And it runs on Windows, Mac and Linux.

Lightshot is a Firefox plugin, or also a stand-alone program I believe, love it. Press Print Screen then you choose where you want to take the screenshot.

I do enjoy your recommendation Russ when it comes to FF plugins. Going to try this out now. :thumbsup:

Not debating just never used Greenshot before but so far Lightshot does the following:

• Lets you choose the cropping
  • Upload pic to their server
  • Download pic
  • save it
  • draw crap boxes lines
  • write text

Any other things that would make me change to greenshot

Not debating just never used Greenshot before but so far Lightshot does the following:

• Lets you choose the cropping
  • Upload pic to their server
  • Download pic
  • save it
  • draw crap boxes lines
  • write text

Any other things that would make me change to greenshot

BTW Russ. That Lightshot is pretty damn good. It's going to save me bags of time now so thanks again for mentioning that. Brilliant little add-on. :)

Top Bottom