1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need a new dedicated server hosting company

Discussion in 'Server Configuration and Hosting' started by Douglas Taylor, Oct 29, 2014.

1. Douglas Taylor

Douglas Taylor Active Member

Have been with GoDaddy for years and their technical support just fell through the floor.

I've got a couple XenForo installations, one "big board" and one moderate sized board. A couple/three Wordpress installations and a few other things.

I'm looking for reliability and, quite frankly, more than a bunch of broken links to a customer service chat and low-knowledge multi-tiered support.

Who do you guys suggest? Oh, WHM/CPanel is a must.

2. WSWD

WSWD Well-Known Member

Guessing you're going to need a managed server. What location you looking for?

3. Douglas Taylor

Douglas Taylor Active Member

Not necessarily a huge amount of management, but it'd be nice to be able to talk to someone in a reasonable period of time when their end craps itself.

Preferably US.

4. Amaury

Amaury Well-Known Member

@Mike Edge is in the US and offers good hosting.

The Forum Heroes likes this.
  5. WSWD

WSWD Well-Known Member

We use WebNX, Quadranet, and Incero for dedicated servers/co-location, and would absolutely recommend any of them. Have literally never had a single outage with any of them, aside from tiny (i.e. 5 or so minutes at the most) scheduled outages from time to time for network upgrades or such. They truly live up to their 100% network uptime SLA. And support will normally answer within minutes if you need something.

If you want a managed server, Knownhost and Wiredtree are very good at that.

6. Solidus

Solidus Well-Known Member

7. Tracy Perry

Tracy Perry Well-Known Member

I've been with QuadraNet (@WSWD suggested them) and have been very happy with them so far (about 6 months now).
    I have one of their specials that I lucked out on which fit just fine for me (dual E5620, 96GB RAM, 8x1TB SATA drives in RAID 10).
    They have had a few outages but none for more than a few minutes (1 was planned, 1 was mitigation of a large DDOS attack on another server and 1 other that I don't remember what was from).

8. Joe Link

Joe Link Well-Known Member

I've been with Liquid Web for years, and I can't say enough good things about them. I'm literally afraid to even consider switching hosts because their customer service and support is so good.