• This forum has been archived. New threads and replies may not be made. All add-ons/resources that are active should be migrated to the Resource Manager. See this thread for more information.

Need a more "Silhouettey" Logo

Jaxel

This is my current logo...
http://www.8wayrun.com/styles/exm-logo.psd

exm-logo-blue.webp

The problem with this logo has always been that its too complicated. Getting hats and t-shirts with this logo have been very expensive because of this. Does anyone feel like taking up the task in taking my logo and making it a bit more suited for distribution?

Here is an extremely simple concept. Something i just whipped up.

Attachments

• logo_8wayrun_1.webp
    logo_8wayrun_1.webp
    8.9 KB · Views: 6
again, just some basic concepts what you can do with the logo.

Attachments

• logo_8wayrun_1.1.webp
    logo_8wayrun_1.1.webp
    9.6 KB · Views: 7
  • logo_8wayrun_1.2.webp
    logo_8wayrun_1.2.webp
    12.6 KB · Views: 6
  • logo_8wayrun_1.3.webp
    logo_8wayrun_1.3.webp
    24.6 KB · Views: 7
  • logo_8wayrun_1.4.webp
    logo_8wayrun_1.4.webp
    16.5 KB · Views: 7
I don't know about this one...

EDIT: added another one. Just tell me what you like and don't like. Then maybe myself or someone else can make something you actually like.

Attachments

• logo_8wayrun_1.5.webp
    logo_8wayrun_1.5.webp
    5.6 KB · Views: 5
  • logo_8wayrun_1.6.webp
    logo_8wayrun_1.6.webp
    4.3 KB · Views: 5
  • logo_8wayrun_1.7.webp
    logo_8wayrun_1.7.webp
    6.9 KB · Views: 6
Here is one just using fonts...

EDIT: added a character.

Attachments

• logo_8wayrun_1.8.webp
    logo_8wayrun_1.8.webp
    5.5 KB · Views: 9
  • logo_8wayrun_1.9.webp
    logo_8wayrun_1.9.webp
    9 KB · Views: 6
  • logo_8wayrun_1.10.webp
    logo_8wayrun_1.10.webp
    9.1 KB · Views: 5
The problem with this logo has always been that its too complicated. Getting hats and t-shirts with this logo have been very expensive because of this. Does anyone feel like taking up the task in taking my logo and making it a bit more suited for distribution?
I think the logo is pretty good, I'd make a vector graphic based on it, to get rid of those small details. You then have something usable for printing.

logo_8wayrun_1-8-jpg.8217
I like where you were going with this one... or at least its a start...

Basically, I like how the "8" and the "WAYRUN" are on even footing. The first two you did, the "8" was separated from the "WAYRUN" and it looked kind of odd. However, I think the "8" should also be more pronounced than the "WAYRUN"; maybe reverse the overlays/gradients between the two sets?

Also... instead of the "A" with the elongated branch... how about overlaying the words on top of a sword? I've attached some images...

Attachments

• Soul_Calibur.webp
    Soul_Calibur.webp
    6.4 KB · Views: 4
  • Soul-Calibur.webp
    Soul-Calibur.webp
    27.1 KB · Views: 3
  • art04.webp
    art04.webp
    32.3 KB · Views: 3
  • Soul Embrace.webp
    Soul Embrace.webp
    124.9 KB · Views: 3
  • Calibur.webp
    Calibur.webp
    99 KB · Views: 4
the font used is the actual soul calibur font used.

Edit: added another alternation.

Attachments

• logo_8wayrun_1.11.webp
    logo_8wayrun_1.11.webp
    21.7 KB · Views: 6
  • logo_8wayrun_1.12.webp
    logo_8wayrun_1.12.webp
    21.7 KB · Views: 4
  • logo_8wayrun_1.13.webp
    logo_8wayrun_1.13.webp
    23.4 KB · Views: 5
  • logo_8wayrun_1.14.webp
    logo_8wayrun_1.14.webp
    9 KB · Views: 7
I think these two are pretty good.

Problem is I think you need to re-design your site around it. Which wouldn't be hard really...

You got a silhouette for your shirts & stuff, and a color one for your site.

Attachments

• logo_8wayrun_1.15.webp
    logo_8wayrun_1.15.webp
    8.6 KB · Views: 8
  • logo_8wayrun_1.16.webp
    logo_8wayrun_1.16.webp
    27.8 KB · Views: 9
Thats a bit more in line what I'm looking for... can I ask for a few more changes though?

1- bring the 8 down a bit more, so its vertical align centered with WAYRUN. The 8 should also be way more pronounced. In fact, now that I think about it; my current logo is perfect, except for the Soul Calibur which is too intricate. Could you use the current fonts we have with 8WR for 8WAYRUN?
2- I would prefer if you used Soul Calibur as the sword, instead of the Soul Edge. (Soul Calibur is the sword in the image I attached).

I don't know what you mean by the 8 should be more pronounced. I don't know what font was used, but I'm sure I can find something similar. I figured that you preferred the calibur over the edge, but I cannot find a good picture to use for it. It isn't easy cleaning the sword's up, which is a bit more work than I want to do to tell you the truth.

If I can find a good soul calibur pic to use, I will just alter your current psd. You just want the sword changed?

Top Bottom