1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. This forum has been archived. New threads and replies may not be made. All add-ons/resources that are active should be migrated to the Resource Manager. See this thread for more information.

Need a more "Silhouettey" Logo

Discussion in 'Resource Requests [Archive]' started by Jaxel, Dec 24, 2010.

1. Jaxel

Jaxel Well-Known Member

This is my current logo...
    http://www.8wayrun.com/styles/exm-logo.psd

exm-logo-blue.png

The problem with this logo has always been that its too complicated. Getting hats and t-shirts with this logo have been very expensive because of this. Does anyone feel like taking up the task in taking my logo and making it a bit more suited for distribution?

2. Xarcell

Xarcell Well-Known Member

I kinda like the logo as it is, but I also understand where your coming from....

Vincent likes this.
  3. Xarcell

It's a gaming logo right? But your site seems more centered around Soul Calibur?

Vincent likes this.
  4. Xarcell

Here is an extremely simple concept. Something i just whipped up.

Attached Files:

Vincent likes this.
  5. Xarcell

again, just some basic concepts what you can do with the logo.

Attached Files:

Vincent and Nasr like this.
  6. Nasr

Nasr Well-Known Member

the first one in the above post looks simple and clean

7. Jaxel

Jaxel Well-Known Member

Thanks Xarcell... Those logos seem a bit "too clean" and "too empty".

I mean logos a bit more like this:
    http://www.gamescast.tv/broadcasters.php

Very simple... but fancy... and very easy to put into a silhouette.

8. Xarcell

I don't know about this one...

EDIT: added another one. Just tell me what you like and don't like. Then maybe myself or someone else can make something you actually like.

Attached Files:

Vincent likes this.
  9. Xarcell

Here is one just using fonts...

EDIT: added a character.

Attached Files:

Vincent likes this.
  10. Xarcell

Keep in mind, that colors and textures can easily be added to any of these logos.

Vincent likes this.
  11. dutchbb

dutchbb Well-Known Member

I think the logo is pretty good, I'd make a vector graphic based on it, to get rid of those small details. You then have something usable for printing.

12. Jaxel

Jaxel Well-Known Member

I like where you were going with this one... or at least its a start...

Basically, I like how the "8" and the "WAYRUN" are on even footing. The first two you did, the "8" was separated from the "WAYRUN" and it looked kind of odd. However, I think the "8" should also be more pronounced than the "WAYRUN"; maybe reverse the overlays/gradients between the two sets?

Also... instead of the "A" with the elongated branch... how about overlaying the words on top of a sword? I've attached some images...

Attached Files:

13. Xarcell

the font used is the actual soul calibur font used.

Edit: added another alternation.

Attached Files:

Vincent likes this.
  14. Xarcell

I have to ask, what's the other sword called?

Vincent likes this.
  15. Xarcell

I think these two are pretty good.

Problem is I think you need to re-design your site around it. Which wouldn't be hard really...

You got a silhouette for your shirts & stuff, and a color one for your site.

Attached Files:

Vincent likes this.
  16. Jaxel

Jaxel Well-Known Member

Thats a bit more in line what I'm looking for... can I ask for a few more changes though?

1- bring the 8 down a bit more, so its vertical align centered with WAYRUN. The 8 should also be way more pronounced. In fact, now that I think about it; my current logo is perfect, except for the Soul Calibur which is too intricate. Could you use the current fonts we have with 8WR for 8WAYRUN?
    2- I would prefer if you used Soul Calibur as the sword, instead of the Soul Edge. (Soul Calibur is the sword in the image I attached).

17. Xarcell

I don't know what you mean by the 8 should be more pronounced. I don't know what font was used, but I'm sure I can find something similar. I figured that you preferred the calibur over the edge, but I cannot find a good picture to use for it. It isn't easy cleaning the sword's up, which is a bit more work than I want to do to tell you the truth.

If I can find a good soul calibur pic to use, I will just alter your current psd. You just want the sword changed?

Vincent likes this.
  18. Vincent

Vincent Well-Known Member

Xarcell, sorry for the "Like" spamming, but you deserve it! AWESOME LOGO'S DUDE!

19. Xarcell

Thanks.

20. Jaxel

Jaxel Well-Known Member