Navigation Tab Order

Adam Howard

So I assumed the navigation template was the place to look

But all I see there is Home, Forum, Members, Help

What controls everything else?

As this order never changes and is the same always.....

So logic tells me that there is memory (something that records this order and keeps it as such). Where?

www.sociallyuncensored.eu 2012-8-2 22:38:42.webp

You will have to edit the execution orders of the associated listeners. See this post:

http://xenforo.com/community/threads/remove-page-title-custom-home-landing-page.24334/#post-297908

If any of those tabs are node tabs (from the Nodes As Tabs addon) then there is a configurable option in that addon which might be useful:

http://xenforo.com/community/resources/nodes-as-tabs.9/update?update=142
Just as an interesting point.... Your add-on, node as tabs was 2147483647

:cautious::eek::p

Ya, I can't really figure out how to work it

What I want is

Forums > Blogs > Social Groups > Gallery > Media > Arcade > Calender > Notification Center

What I keep ending up with is

Forums > Blogs > Gallery > Media > Arcade > Calender > Notification Center > Social Groups

The Social Groups is the Nodes for tabs link

So everything else is where it should be, minus nodes for tabs

That looks like the middle tab position? Use the forced position option in Nodes As Tabs. It is shown in the picture:

http://xenforo.com/community/resources/nodes-as-tabs.9/update?update=142

Note that Nodes As Tabs must come last in the execution order for these settings to work. That is why the execution order is extremely high.
If I switch it to last I get this

Forums > Blogs > Gallery > Media > Arcade > Calender > Notification Center > Social Groups

If I switch it to fist I get this

Social Groups > Forums > Blogs > Gallery > Media > Arcade > Calender > Notification Center

If I switch it to middle I get this

Forums > Social Groups > Blogs > Gallery > Media > Arcade > Calender > Notification Center

Close.... Almost there... Just need it 1 more over (to the right of blogs)

Goal is this

Forums > Blogs > Social Groups > Gallery > Media > Arcade > Calender > Notification Center

Almost there..... Any idea what I'm doing wrong? A clue ?

There is no "force middle" option. There is only first and last. That means you will have to resort to changing the execution order of the listener for Nodes As Tabs. And leave that "force" setting as "last".

There is no "force middle" option. There is only first and last. That means you will have to resort to changing the execution order of the listener for Nodes As Tabs. And leave that "force" setting as "last".
Yes, there is a first and last on force, but in Display Node Tree, there is also a Home, Middle, Last.

Neither options seems to really get it where I'd like. And I already tried changing the listener. :(

I'll leave it as I have it now. It is only 1 space above where I wanted it, but I can live with that.

Thanks for your willingness to help :)

Hi, Sir Adam Howard may i know if you have solved your problem regarding on positioning specific tabs on the order you want?
I don't think I could ever get it in the right order. And installing things also would change that order.... I kind of gave up. You can move the tabs around using the suggestion Jake gave, but I never got his tab to move where I wanted it.

Top Bottom