XF 2.2 Navigation & Logo blinking/flashing

Mr Lucky

I am finding that on switching form one nav tab to another, the header and logo momentarily blink or flash. The "flash" is when you momentarily see the light background, the images themselves aren't flashing obviously, but that's what it looks like.

It seems that it happens randomly. Sometimes you can go from one tab to another it it doesn't happen, but then suddenly it does.

I've tried disabling all addons and default style but still happens.

As far as I recall, this didn't happen until 2.2 unless I did some style editing, in which case it might happen at first until (I presume) whatever changes (images?) were cached.

Does anyone know what might be causing this? Thanks

I think you're just running into a quirk (if you will) with browser rendering. The browser lays out the page before the image has loaded. This can happen even if the image is locally cached -- sometimes, it can take a little bit of time to pull it from the cache. That's why it tends to be inconsistent, as sometimes the image may be displayed before the page is "painted"; other times it might happen in a different order.

Realistically, your best bet is to mitigate it by setting a background color that more closely emulates the dominant color in the image.

Realistically, your best bet is to mitigate it by setting a background color that more closely emulates the dominant color in the image.
Thanks Mike.

In this case I don't think that is possible. In order for the navigation tabs to display over the bottom of the header image (instead of a colored bar for navigation row) the header image is the top of the page background so has the page background colour behind it:

Top Bottom