XF 1.2 Navigation, Logo and Header restyled (wordpress clone)

Bram

As much as I love to work with Xenforo the header and navigation part of it drives me absolutely insane.

For the last hours I have been working on a style which is for 99% finished. Yet 80% of my time i am trying fix a header that simply won´t do what i want.

Whenever I make changes in the extra.css it works for a second and couple of minutes later it seems that changes are reverted again or something.

Anyways this is what I wanted to achieve. The xf header should match the wp header if possible for smooth integration in the site.

Who can help me out?

Attachments

• xenforo.webp
    xenforo.webp
    10.4 KB · Views: 51
  • wordpress.webp
    wordpress.webp
    13.2 KB · Views: 49
It'll help a great deal if you provide a link to your forum and style so the person helping can debug it for you.

I'm guessing here but have you applied a background-color to the header in style properties or defined a background colour in EXTRA.css which is what it looks like your going to have to do.

Edit: Mistook the wordpress for the xenforo (misread the comparisons).

In EXTRA.CSS define the background colour to the following inputting the colorof your preference.

Code:
#logoBlock #logo {
background-color: blue;}

Last edited:
Exactly that @EQnoble :love:

What I did now is the changing the order of the templates in the header template and try to match stuff with margins and absolute heights, but the result is meeeh.

Happens with no real knowledge other then W3school and lots of coffee!! :LOL:

Exactly that @EQnoble :love:

What I did now is the changing the order of the templates in the header template and try to match stuff with margins and absolute heights, but the result is meeeh.

Happens with no real knowledge other then W3school and lots of coffee!! :LOL:
coffee is our mutual friend :-)

At this point I am in bed on my tablet pc and my changes to your style are on my desktop.

I am about to go to bed but when I wake up I will start a convo and document all the changes I made so that you can apply them.

ping me if I am online after about 4-6 hours and haven't started that convo as I remember things like a memory foam mattress....once I get up the memory is gone lol.

Ok I am awake here...going to send you those changes now.

It will be split into three sections the first is things to remove from css...
The second will be css to add
The last will be a template edit you need

Top Bottom