1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Navigation Bar width

Discussion in 'XenForo Questions and Support' started by Staxed, May 8, 2011.

1. Staxed

Staxed Active Member

I'm working on a custom style for my site, and I've very, very used to how vbulletin does things. The styling of xenforo seems a lot more flexible that the pure template system of vbulletin, but with this also comes a little bit of confusion :D

I'm trying to figure out the best way of stretching the navbar (top and bottom sections) to be 100%. I don't want the content area of the forum to be 100%, just the navbar. I tried setting the navbar width to 100%, that doesn't work.

Right now I'm thinking about just changing the page width to 100% and just adding a margin to all the other properties, but there has to be an easier way, what am I missing?
  2. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

I think your approach is probably best as everything is inside the main page width div.

You could try setting the page width to 100% and then define the margin/width for the #content .pageContent class.

I haven't actually tested this though.
  3. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

Try this.

Add this to EXTRA.css
    #content .pageContent {
    width: 80%;
    margin: 0 auto;
    Then remove the margins and width settings from the Page Width Controller in Style Properties.

Change the settings to suit.
    Staxed likes this.
  4. Staxed

Staxed Active Member

Excellent, thanks!