1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Navigation bar tab permissions

Discussion in 'XenForo Questions and Support' started by meeks, Jan 26, 2013.

1. meeks

meeks Member

So I've updated my "Unregistered / Unconfirmed" user permissions to disallow everything but "View" under general permissions. I did this because I'd like new users to see a my List Notices and the sign up button. The thing is I want to prevent them from also viewing the "Members" tab on the navigation bar so that they are unable to see currently registered members. I also would like to prevent them from seeing the sidebar containing "Members Online Now" and "Forum Statistics". Is that possible?
    erich37 likes this.
  2. Jake Bunce

Jake Bunce XenForo Moderator Staff Member

meeks likes this.
  3. meeks

meeks Member

Thanks a lot, took me a little while but I did it.
    Jake Bunce likes this.
  4. meeks

meeks Member

One more thing, I see that these group conditions can be bypassed by using the quick navigation buttons. I'm going to be searching for where I can use the conditions to remove them but if you know the template off the top of your head it may be quicker :p

Will post back when I find 'em
  5. Jake Bunce

Jake Bunce XenForo Moderator Staff Member

It is best to handle the actual content of the page instead of just the link to that page. That link I posted hides the content of the member list:

Otherwise an addon is required to more properly handle permissions.

This page?

That page uses the quick_navigation_menu template. Here is how to find the root template of any page:

meeks likes this.
  6. meeks

meeks Member

Mmmm, yes, that page, but what I meant by quick nav buttons are these..

Now I don't mind not having quick nav at all, but when deleting the template, if I were to press that button, it'd show a buffer animation on top for as long as I stayed on the page.

Luckily, I think, I also don't mind having it, but I would like to prevent certain user groups from seeing those buttons.
  7. Deepmartini

Deepmartini Well-Known Member

I never use that button. I wonder if anyone else does and if it's even worth having at all. Seems like extra clutter to me.
    meeks likes this.
  8. meeks

meeks Member

.breadBoxBottom {
    display: none;
    .breadBoxTop {
    display: none;
    Adding that to the EXTRA.css template works. Got so worked up in the template search should have just gone with google.

Thanks everyone!