1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XF 1.5 Navigation Bar Questions

Discussion in 'Styling and Customization Questions' started by T Money, Sep 14, 2015.

1. T Money

T Money Active Member

Hello all,

I am trying to change the Navigation Bar, and need some help.

upload_2015-9-14_8-55-58.png

Here's what I'd like to do:

1. Change font for the "main" top row
    What are my font options and is there somewhere I can check? And how to add additional fonts? Is there a specific way to enter in the "Font Family"? I tried to enter "Trebuchet,serif" but does not work (I get some Time New Roman looking font instead).

upload_2015-9-14_9-9-10.png

2. Add or remove the Nav Bar tabs:
    I some how managed to add the "Products" tab; I added some code to HTML, I don't remember. I don't think I did this correctly. Brogan mentioned there is a add-on for this, where can I find it?

3. Change the secondary Nav bar tabs:
    How would I make a change the secondary bar tabs? (the blue bar). I tried the "Nodes as tabs" add-on but this does not seem to be appropriate. I'd like to make it a drop menu.

Thank you

Attached Files:

2. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

The font probably needs to be Trebuchet MS.

Adding or removing tabs requires editing the navigation template, otherwise if it's a node, you can use the nodes as tabs add-on.

I'm not aware of any other navigation related add-ons.

3. T Money

T Money Active Member

Thanks Brogan, "Trebuchet MS" worked. But what are my font options? Is there a folder I somewhere I can check?

For tabs, is there a guide of how to edit the navigation template? And I thought there was a add-on where I can showcase and sell products?

4. Brogan

5. rafass

rafass Well-Known Member

Recently I've customized my bar with Custom Tabs and some extra CSS.
    I also got rid the secondary bar:
    3.gif
    Still not 100% sure about this change but I like the result, more clean. :coffee:

6. T Money

T Money Active Member

Looks very promising, will give it a try
    thank you

7. T Money

T Money Active Member

@rafass
    I downloaded and installed Custom Tabs, but where do I go to use this? I don't see it on Style Properties/Header and navigation

8. rafass

rafass Well-Known Member

I've customized the navigation bar with own codes in extra.CSS.
    I use the addon for add new links without edit the template. (more easy)
    if you're using the default template I could help you with it. is just copy and paste few lines in EXTRA.css.

T Money likes this.
  9. Brogan

You will need to post in the resource thread for support with it.