Native support for image widths in [IMG]

BirdOPrey5

It's one of the most often asked questions on other forums, would be great if there was built in support to auto resize images based on [IMG="width"] or such, or at least a built in resizer that users can customize a max width and height for displayed images before being resized.

Upvote 1
It's done smarter and easier for the user.
It adapts to the width of the page,
and you can zoom in on the fly.

02242_bloodcells_3840x960.jpg

Any indicator to show that the image is resized? If the user hovers over it I see the text about clicking it to see the full image but how would they know to hover over it in the first place?

It's an image, you look at it. if it's too small, you want to get it bigger, your natural instinct is to move the mouse towards it, at which point it is a hover state, and discloses to click for more ..

That's a valid enough argument... I guess it's personal preference to know before hand if an image has been auto resized or not... I'm sure I could get used to either.

That's a valid enough argument... I guess it's personal preference to know before hand if an image has been auto resized or not... I'm sure I could get used to either.
You might get used to it because you know now how it is supposed to behave but for a visitor to a new site I doubt their "natural instinct" is going to be to hover over every picture they see to find out if it has been resized or not.

You might get used to it because you know now how it is supposed to behave but for a visitor to a new site I doubt their "natural instinct" is going to be to hover over every picture they see to find out if it has been resized or not.

But I'd be an administrator- why would I care about a visitor? :confused:

Warning, this video is about 7mb, but that's because i recorded it with more than 30fps, to demonstrate the smooth resizing and zooming in/out that xenforo does with
xf_image_resize_and_zoom.mov

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/693961/xf_image_resize_and_zoom.mov

I am perplexed. I just saw your video and when you showed the zooming in on a specific part (at in 3/4 of your video) I shouted to my monitor: 'Awesome!!!' ... then half a second later I hear you exclaiming the exact same words out of my speakers! :D:cool:

I adore xenForo. This package is gonna cost Internet Brands vBulletin a lot of customers!

It's nice enough, but not fully embraced by my members. They miss the auto resize function when a picture is larger than a certain hight and width. And they would rather see the picture changing to the next one by clicking inside it (Facebook style). There is hardly a point in showing the full size, since the width of the forum is already wide enough.

They miss the auto resize function when a picture is larger than a certain hight and width.
That already happens - images larger than the dimensions set in the ACP are resized.

And they would rather see the picture changing to the next one by clicking inside it (Facebook style).
That already happens - you can click on the image in the lightbox to advance to the next one.

Why can't I upload an image, even though it is smaller than the maximum dimensions (pixels) permitted?
Server-side file size (KB) resizing is not supported. Any files which are larger than the maximum size specified in the ACP -> Options -> Attachments: Maximum Attachment File Size (KB) will be rejected.

Why can I upload an image, even though it is larger than the maximum file size (KB) permitted?
Uploaded files are first resized based on the maximum physical dimensions (pixels) set in the ACP -> Options -> Attachments: Maximum Attachment Image Dimensions. If the resized image is below the maximum file size (KB) limit, then it will be allowed.

http://xenforo.com/community/threads/frequently-asked-questions.5183/#post-180445

Top Bottom