Native+ App for XenForo [Paid] [Deleted]

vbresults

vbresults submitted a new resource:

Native+ App for XenForo - Drive more traffic, increase engagement, and increase ad revenue hands-free.

iPhone/iPad

ios.png

Android

android.png

With These Apps, You Can
  • Drive more traffic to your forum from new and existing members with push alerts
  • Increase engagement from existing members and make new...

Read more about this resource...

Last edited:
I hope phcorner install this on their forum so i can test because push alerts didnt work on my phonefor the other web wrapper add-on you make.

so i want test if push alerts will work with this one.

u can tell me yes it work but i dont believe beecause u say that last time. so i want to test myself

Looks great and excited to have another fantastic option in the marketplace. Best of luck with it!

Just to understand - Option 1 means that the site owner doesn't have access to stats, comments, etc. that come with an App Store account which I pay $110 or so per year for my existing app. This means that if someone rates the app 2 stars, I can't respond to the criticism, etc. because technically this is in your store account.

Now if I pay Apple $110 for the account and I want to have the ability to respond that's an extra $400 for Option 3? My other question is regarding the possibility of whether these apps might get bounced out of the store. I could be wrong but I recall Apple bouncing apps by the same developer that they deemed were too similar and wonder what would happen if they see the same app by the same developer with the only difference being the cover art and domain name to which it connects. Perhaps you can expound.

Thanks and great work!

Just to understand - Option 1 means that the site owner doesn't have access to stats, comments, etc. that come with an App Store account which I pay $110 or so per year for my existing app. This means that if someone rates the app 2 stars, I can't respond to the criticism, etc. because technically this is in your store account.
This is true for all apps that you host outside of your accounts, including Tapatalk's new submitted BYO. If you have your own app store account, then Option 1 "Turn-key" isn't in the discussion.

Now if I pay Apple $110 for the account and I want to have the ability to respond that's an extra $400 for Option 3?

If you just want to use your own app store accounts, then it is better to use Option 2 "Assisted".

If you want to eliminate your dependencies on us as a third-party developer as much as possible, that is what we made Option 3 "Self-serve" for. Your app store accounts, your push server [which we provide the source code and install instructions for], the only part we are involved in is sending updates to you so you can publish them to the app stores.

My other question is regarding the possibility of whether these apps might get bounced out of the store. I could be wrong but I recall Apple bouncing apps by the same developer that they deemed were too similar and wonder what would happen if they see the same app by the same developer with the only difference being the cover art and domain name to which it connects. Perhaps you can expound.

We've had no such issues with the PMA apps that we published. We often submit expedite requests to Apple in batch [meaning multiple apps] in the case of a critical app update, and this has never been a problem or even mentioned. Native+ being significantly more native than PMA which already had no problems in this area, this is not remotely a concern.

I'm looking for an app for my forum but I would like to know if we have to use another app or it is an individual app available on the Android Market and the App store?

I'm looking for an app for my forum but I would like to know if we have to use another app or it is an individual app available on the Android Market and the App store?
It's an individual/dedicated app on both app stores for all license options.

It's an individual/dedicated app on both app stores for all license options.

So, if I buy this mod, I will be able to make an app or how does it works exactly?
I'm not familiarized with this so if you can explain me in what it consists, it will be great. :)

you change your mind more than anyone I know. The price has changed about 5 times now and you keep re-releasing this app. Why?

So, if I buy this mod, I will be able to make an app or how does it works exactly?
I'm not familiarized with this so if you can explain me in what it consists, it will be great. :)
When 1.0 goes live, you receive a login for our site by email and then make your way to this screen:
Screenshot - 12292015 - 06:32:11 PM - 1.webp

After that, you'll see a XenForo license validation page where you'll provide a validation token from your XenForo account.

Next, you'll see this:
Screenshot - 12292015 - 06:33:42 PM - 2.webp

You'll receive an email with credentials at this point. After following those instructions, you wait for each app to be queued, reviewed, and ready.

When the app is ready, you paste the app id into the add-on setting and save, that's it. We may make this more turn-key by pre-setting your details in the add-on by 1.0.

you change your mind more than anyone I know. The price has changed about 5 times now and you keep re-releasing this app. Why?
The only price that has changed for Native+ is the Assisted License, because before we did not include app updates. Now we do, and the price has been updated accordingly.

Edit: If you are referring to the price on the top of the add-on, we have chosen to display the standard price instead of the special price to prevent confusion down the road.

The prices right now are specials and if we kept the $195 display price people may think there is a price increase for no reason when the special expires and it returns to $395.

Last edited:
this app is faster than the other one displaying webpages?
it will suffer the slowness of being a web view like other web view apps or in this case, as is "more native" you can create some pre-caches to speed it up?

Regardless of if this speeds things up with some things pre-cached or not, this looks pretty cool! My top complaint from app-lovers is that it's not as easy to attach photo with browser. This seems to take care of that, and I love the 3 different options for publication.

If your site is well-optimized with a snappy DB server, utilizes CDN etc I think pre-caching is not much of an issue. YMMV.

Good work guys.

My 1st reaction is to say no but we haven't actually tried it yet. The XenForo add-on is simple code and even with the photo and video integration it's not very complex, so there's a possibility it just works. I remember one other person asking about this in PMA. I've taken note of your request too.

this app is faster than the other one displaying webpages?
it will suffer the slowness of being a web view like other web view apps or in this case, as is "more native" you can create some pre-caches to speed it up?

The main speed complaints we got with PMA were usually related to scrolling and navigating to the next page without some sort of progress indicator. These are two totally different apps with totally different code, and Native+ is being done by a native developer who has more fine-grained access to make sure these aren't a problem.

That said, we do not use any API's in either PMA or Native+ and due to the hardware restrictions on many phones it's not possible to pre-cache multiple full pages in the background [we did try and test it in PMA without success] -- not only are there memory implications, there's the network and as you said smartphone speed can be a problem.

Regarding 'Option 3'...

How are you licensing this, or preventing pirating? If I own the source code and push server software, is there any encrypted code or call home features to validate the license?

I would hate to shell out that much money just to realize that I'd still be at the mercy of the software provider.

Regarding 'Option 3'...

How are you licensing this, or preventing pirating? If I own the source code and push server software, is there any encrypted code or call home features to validate the license.
If you have Self-Serve/License #3 you have a license [not ownership] to use the source code for the push server, and we have to accept the risk of that being pirated, a la XenForo.

We are sending the compiled apps; they can be uploaded to the app stores by you. This is the balance we reached to give people independence from us and protect our apps from piracy.

Except in very limited cases, you aren't required to update your apps although there are benefits depending on the case. The point is that you are mostly independent from our infrastructure.

There is no encrypted code/call home in this case, the apps are binaries and the push server is plain text. If someone chooses to stop paying they can technically keep using the apps, just no updates.

Last edited:
Top Bottom