[n] Resend Activation Mail

[n] Resend Activation Mail 1.0

No permission to download

Robust

Robust submitted a new resource:

Resend Activation Mail - Resend activation email for users that have not activated their account yet.

This add-on allows you to resend the confirmation email from the Admin CP for a user that has not confirmed their email yet. The benefits of this is to bring back members who didn't confirm their account, or the email didn't go through due to technical reasons, and you doing the hard work for them.

Installation
1. Unzip ResendConfirmationMail.zip
2. Upload the contents of the upload directory to your XenForo installation
3. Install the add-on by the following method:
Install from...

Read more about this resource...

Hello

Why must I register to download? Why do you not simply post it here?

Regards
We prefer to keep our products (add-ons) in one place. Registration takes seconds, and the registration is shortened down to only need a username, email and password.

Yes, but more and more developer do it the same way and we members have to manage X forum accounts only to download the next release.
Next point is, that no other developer see, how often a add-on is used by community. Thats important, when members ask for extensions or add-ons for add-ons. No developer will code for hand full peopels... ;)

And - the Install and Upgrade add-on wont work...

But, its your buisines. I would only say what i think when I must register X accounts ... :)

Yes, but more and more developer do it the same way and we members have to manage X forum accounts only to download the next release.
Next point is, that no other developer see, how often a add-on is used by community. Thats important, when members ask for extensions or add-ons for add-ons. No developer will code for hand full peopels... ;)

And - the Install and Upgrade add-on wont work...

But, its your buisines. I would only say what i think when I must register X accounts ... :)
Well, if developers are going to have a site where they will release a lot of add-ons it only makes sense. Really, for free add-ons the least we can ask for is a registration. We send emails out on updates too, and obviously update it at XenForo as well. Downloading a new version is as simple as logging in and hitting download. The Install and Upgrade add-on also let's you provide a .zip to install it. You get the zip when you download. I'm not too familiar with it though. Honestly, in the long run it'll probably be easier. I might just add it here but it makes it simpler if we centralise downloads and support at our site.

.... yes, I understand you. But when you say its better to centralise - then do you dont think the best place is the biggest add-on pool for xenforo, xenforo.com? ;)

As I say, I understand you. But its not the best way for the xenforo members I think.

And now let us better talk about the nice add-on, as over the things. ;) :)

Well, my network denies to access your website so I will ask here before get home and test myself.

Is there a possibility to send it in bulk to all non confirmed members ? If yes, is there a way to customize the message? Like: "Hello, %user% ! We miss you.. Come here(%link%) and confirm your membership."

Well, my network denies to access your website so I will ask here before get home and test myself.

Is there a possibility to send it in bulk to all non confirmed members ? If yes, is there a way to customize the message? Like: "Hello, %user% ! We miss you.. Come here(%link%) and confirm your membership."
Nope, but I can add it in a newer version. Within the next few days probably.

Thanks for the addon, exactly what i was looking for!

Small suggestion: Perhaps an entry could be added to the user change log each time i use the addon to send out an activation mail?
Just in case i forget the next day that i already send one. :whistle:

Thanks for the addon, exactly what i was looking for!

Small suggestion: Perhaps an entry could be added to the user change log each time i use the addon to send out an activation mail?
Just in case i forget the next day that i already send one. :whistle:
It'll be in version 1.1 :)

Hey bro ! Yesterday I just realized (With some great @MattW help, lol) that my postfix service wasn't working well. This caused me skip more than 120 members without their confirmation emails.

Do you have any planned date to release the version with the Bulk Mail with that custom text I mentioned last month?

I'd agree with the bulk sending and would actually think it would be best to use it as a weekly or monthly cron job that took care of it automatically.

Would be great if it could actually keep track of how many times the message has been sent and then ignore users who have been reminded a set number of times like 2 or 3 by default.

:oops: I don't normally cross-post anything, but I'm not sure how many folks perusing this add-on read the reviews for it.

As such, I thought it worth mentioning that one of the tricks I've learned over the years is when a new user doesn't confirm their account via the Confirmation Email, it may be as simple as them having a typo in their email. (i.e. newuser@yaho.com; newuser@gmial.com; etc.)

When coupled with @AndyB's New Members add-on (where you can see who is still in 'email_confirm' status), this Resend Activation Mail add-on makes it super fast-n-easy to do so once you correct an email-address error you've found. (y)

Top Bottom