Myth Talkers

Steve F

Something I have always been interested in is the secretes and myths that surround us throughout life. Many events in our lives can be explained but some are left by the wayside with no explanations, this is the reason I started Myth Talkers. Although it is around 4 months old, I have just now started concentrating on the site a bit more. My next thing on the list is to get more info on the home page, like TV shows that air episodes, series and events that are inline with mythtalkers.com. What else should I add or do?

I have never had a serious forum except a clan site that did well for around 3 years until the user base moved on to different games/life.

The style is still being worked on a bit still so some things are lingering that need to be touched up. There is also a green version selectable in the style selector. ;)

Looking for any feedback you guys may have to help push things along.

http://mythtalkers.com

Thanks in advance.

Its nice but I think the colour on the "Welcome to Myth Talkers!
Topics on your favorite myths, prophecies, 2012 scenarios, doomsday, ancient aliens and paranormal activity " background is too bright for the rest of the theme

Looks like a half finished style o_O and there are too few contrasts, overall too dark and it seems something is missing/not loeading?

You asked for feedback, you got it :D hehe

I like it! The green style is my favorite of the two.

A couple of things...

1 - On the green style, the Welcome to Myth Talkers! needs to be a bit brighter (like the color in the navbar above it) and one size larger.
Same on the blue style, but adding the fact that I can barely read any of that welcome message, as the blue text is too dim. Brighten it up a bit.

2 - The forum status icons are too large. They draw my eyes away from the forum list. Being very bright, they shouldn't be so large.

3 - Postbit - Thank you for getting rid of that arrow on the right side of the postbit container. I never have liked it.
I don't like the 2 separate colors inside the postbit container. Rather than making both of those sections the same color, could you use a gradient, envision bottom to top, light to dark, that would encompass both section of that postbit container? That would look sharp.

Otherwise... very nice job.

Looks like a half finished style o_O and there are too few contrasts, overall too dark and it seems something is missing/not loeading?

You asked for feedback, you got it :D hehe

If you are talking about the subHeading (forum categories) images not loading that is because I removed those from the style. I will have a lighter style for users that do not like the darker ones.

Thanks for the feedback, ;)

I like it! The green style is my favorite of the two.

A couple of things...

1 - On the green style, the Welcome to Myth Talkers! needs to be a bit brighter (like the color in the navbar above it) and one size larger.
Same on the blue style, but adding the fact that I can barely read any of that welcome message, as the blue text is too dim. Brighten it up a bit.

2 - The forum status icons are too large. They draw my eyes away from the forum list. Being very bright, they shouldn't be so large.

3 - Postbit - Thank you for getting rid of that arrow on the right side of the postbit container. I never have liked it.
I don't like the 2 separate colors inside the postbit container. Rather than making both of those sections the same color, could you use a gradient, envision bottom to top, light to dark, that would encompass both section of that postbit container? That would look sharp.

Otherwise... very nice job.

1 - Fixed the font color & increased font-size 1px, not sure I want to change the background again I will look into it though.

2 - Using Shelley's Orb status icons, I was actually going to ask Shelley if she was taking any request because I am looking for something that is related to the site for status icons. The Orbs fit in good for now though.

3 - ;) , I am on the fence with the blue color in the extra user info area. Still looking for a better mix there.

Thanks Peggy, very helpful. (y)

I love your work Steve. The only suggestion I would make is pay some attention to the logo. I think you could find a better font and effect(s) that would really draw one into the site. Here is something I threw together to give you an idea of what I'm talking about:

logo.webp

Top Bottom