1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XF 1.4 MYSQL xf_session issues

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting and Problems' started by Andy Larkins, Apr 14, 2015.

1. Andy Larkins

Andy Larkins Member

Getting a ton of these errors in mysql

[ERROR] /usr/libexec/msyqld Table ' ./dugout/xf_session' is marked as crashed and should be repaired

Ultimately mysql is stopping a couple times a day. But the site is working inbetween

2. Jeremy P

Jeremy P Well-Known Member

MySQL doing unclean shutdowns will cause tables to crash. You can repair the table in phpMyAdmin or your DBA tool of choice.

If you want to prevent it from crashing in the future you should look into and correct whatever is causing MySQL to shutdown unexpectedly.

3. Andy Larkins

Andy Larkins Member

it was suggested that we had to run mysql_update. Did that...we shall see

4. Jeremy P

If you check your MySQL logs it should help to determine why it's terminating unexpectedly. It's more than likely a configuration issue (too much memory, etc).

5. Andy Larkins

Andy Larkins Member

Too much memory?

6. Jeremy P

If MySQL runs out of memory to allocate it will shutdown uncleanly. This would be indicated by an OOM error in the logs.

7. Tracy Perry

Tracy Perry Well-Known Member

That would me not enough memory... OOM (Out Of Memory).... ;)

8. Jeremy P

That's what I said? ;)

9. Tracy Perry

Nope.. you said too much memory, not not enough. :p
    Last time I checked, mySQL liked lots of memory if you would throw it at it and only complained when you were stingy with memory (placing memory constraints on it).

10. Jeremy P

MySQL configuration set to use "too much memory," not the system having too much memory. In my follow-up I did clarify MySQL was running out of memory.

11. Andy Larkins

Andy Larkins Member

So, while on this conversation, my MYSQL ver is 5.5.14

Should I upgrade it? I think latest out there is stabe is 5.6.24 maybe?

Also, my PHP version is 5.3.6

My xenforo ver is 1.4.6

12. Tracy Perry

If you don't have any scripts that are dependent on a lower level of PHP then I would suggest upgrading it at the least.
    On mySQL, it's really up to you. I like (personally) to try to keep the latest stable release on my system.