XF 2.3 2.3 test install issues

Sysnative

First test installation of XF2.3 is generating a few issues with XF URLs. For some reason all thread and forum URLs are now generating 404 errors immediately after upgrade.

Example URL structures:
example.com/forums/threads/hello.40229/unread -404
example.com/forums/forums/test-forum.232/ -404

These were working on this test site on 2.2.15, immediately prio to upgrade. Once the upgrade completed URLs are no longer writing correctly.

I've also tried re-uploading the XF files in case there was a corrupted file, but appears to make no difference.

Second issue - enabling Development mode on the site results in a PHP error:

An exception occurred: [Error] Call to undefined method XF\Template\Templater::fn() in internal_data/code_cache/navigation_cache.php on line 252

1. XF\Pub\App->{closure}() in src/XF/Template/Templater.php at line 8054
  2. XF\Template\Templater->renderNavigationClosure() in src/XF/Pub/App.php at line 603
  3. XF\Pub\App->getNavigation() in src/XF/Pub/App.php at line 554
  4. XF\Pub\App->renderPageHtml() in src/XF/App.php at line 2363
  5. XF\App->renderPage() in src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php at line 404
  6. XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->render() in src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php at line 60
  7. XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->run() in src/XF/App.php at line 2588
  8. XF\App->run() in src/XF.php at line 532
  9. XF::runApp() in index.php at line 20

Not sure if this is a bug or a configuration issue, but I've tried a few things to fix with no luck. Appreciate any ideas to help resolve!

These were working on this test site on 2.2.15, immediately prio to upgrade. Once the upgrade completed URLs are no longer writing correctly.
If you have friendly URLs enabled, ensure you have your web server configured appropriately (ie. .htaccess still exists for Apache).

Second issue - enabling Development mode on the site results in a PHP error:
It's a bug. You can work around it by bringing up the public navigation in the control panel, editing any item, and saving it.

See: https://xenforo.com/community/threa...-crashes-forum-when-add-on-is-enabled.220265/

I have edited by most, but that one is typically down to web-server configuration with friendly URLs enabled. There aren't any related bugs as far as I'm aware.

I have edited by most, but that one is typically down to web-server configuration with friendly URLs enabled. There aren't any related bugs as far as I'm aware.

All other sites on the server are working correctly, and the test site was working with friendly URLs prior to the upgrade to 2.3. The 404 errors only appeared when 2.3 was installed.

Site works fine with friendly URLs disabled.

It depends on how the site was upgraded, but it's possible .htaccess was removed or overwritten if you're using Apache. I don't think we include this in the upgrade package, in case you used the install package to perform the upgrade (which I believe is otherwise harmless as long as directories are merged).

Top Bottom