MySQL Tuning Advice

I've disabled them all and the loading time does reduce, but it's still in the 0.3/0.4s range. I've got minimal add-ons installed, mainly the widget framework but some basic template modifications. Still seems higher than other similar sites, even though the server load is low.

I'm setting up a small apache test site to compare against IIS.

But that is a huge performance gain from disabling plugins. They should not slow your system down.

I've disabled them all and the loading time does reduce, but it's still in the 0.3/0.4s range. I've got minimal add-ons installed, mainly the widget framework but some basic template modifications. Still seems higher than other similar sites, even though the server load is low.

I'm setting up a small apache test site to compare against IIS.

Can you describe how many users and posts you're getting per day?

Perhaps 400 posts per day across all the sites, plus 3-4000 online at any one time (nearly all of them guests). I've tried stock installs of XF without addons and they still don't perform as quick as I'd expect. Oddly, other non-XF sites on the server render faster. It seems to be a problem with IIS or PHP, as MySQL seems to be ruled out.

I'm disabling a few more things server side to try and monitor performance and I'll report back - perhaps it's a background process (like the on-access scanner exclusions not working as expected).

There are reasons I use linux =D
I've gotten where I despise it even worse than I did when I worked with it full time. Tonight was at a friends helping them update their server. Do a restart to apply updates, and 55 minutes later it's still at 0%. Get to looking and unplug the USB drive that was plugged in and it suddenly started working. I don't fully understand why a USB drive being plugged in would effect it installing updates.

One of the best things is at a local office we are doing a conversion of their EMR software... and we get to ditch MSSQL for MySQL! Finally!!

Yeah, but (until Samba finally got it to working) for a long time, if you needed windows desktop domain authentication and permission settings, then Linux was not your cup of tea. I don't think it's even there yet (but I don't keep up with it any longer since I have no need of it at home) and I'm not sure of the status of AD in it.

As of centos 7, redhat 7, or modern suse, linux can play nicely in an AD environment, starting in the last 2 years or so.

Works fine, no longer an issue.

In terms of a Xenforo forum however, I'd be *really* surprised if you were using active directory authentication for logins, though I suppose it's possible.

As of centos 7, redhat 7, or modern suse, linux can play nicely in an AD environment, starting in the last 2 years or so.
Works fine, no longer an issue.
Nice to know that they have gotten full support for the FSMO roles. I'd much prefer to have a Linux server running Samba as the domain naming master.

Top Bottom