• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Add-on MySQL Query Tool

Gossamer

Are there any add-ons out there that adds some kind of tool to run a mysql query from the site. Just a select query. Every month, my staff needs me to grab a list of every member that meets certain criteria for maintenance stuff. The easiest way for me to do this is hop into phpmyadmin, run a query, and c/p the results to them. However, I'd love for my staff team to be able to just run this report themselves straight from the site.

Are there any add-ons that do that sort of thing?

Thomas.B

I don't think that there is such an add-on as this is exactly the purpose of phpMyAdmin. So imo implementing a (very small) subset of PMA features in an XF add-on wouldn't really make much sense...

Gossamer

Well, I don't want them to be able to freely query the database. What I'd like to be able to do is create a report that they can run with the click of a button.

Chris D

XenForo developer
Staff member
There is an addon called querier on here that does exactly what you are lookimg for.
Surely it doesn't do exactly what he is looking for.

Well, I don't want them to be able to freely query the database. What I'd like to be able to do is create a report that they can run with the click of a button.

That add-on looks to me like it would allow any one with access to run any query they like. That's very dangerous!

I'm with @Thomas.B on this one. PhpMyAdmin is the best solution for this.

upload_2016-6-15_16-13-8.png

Ultimately if they only need to run a report, you'd turn all of that off apart from the SELECT option.

The only way that add-on would be acceptable is if it was restricted to running only SELECT queries. Access to anything else by people who might not know what they are doing is just craziness.