bambua

Having a bit of a problem with the following class:

Code:
<?php
class RecentStatus_Model_StatusList
{
	public static function getStatusArray() {
		$db = XenForo_Application::get('db');
		$statusList = $db->fetchAll("SELECT * FROM xf_news_feed WHERE action = 'status' ORDER BY event_date DESC LIMIT 10",10);
		return $statusList;
	}
}

When I load the page I get the following error:

Code:
Server Error

mysqli_stmt::bind_param() [mysqli-stmt.bind-param]: Number of variables doesn't match number of parameters in prepared statement

XenForo_Application::handlePhpError()
mysqli_stmt->bind_param()
call_user_func_array() in Zend/Db/Statement/Mysqli.php at line 204
Zend_Db_Statement_Mysqli->_execute() in Zend/Db/Statement.php at line 312
Zend_Db_Statement->execute() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php at line 468
Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->query() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php at line 706
Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->fetchAll() in RecentStatus/Model/StatusList.php at line 6
RecentStatus_Model_StatusList::getStatusArray() in RecentStatus/Controller/Public.php at line 10
RecentStatus_Controller_Public->actionIndex() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 303
XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 132
XenForo_FrontController->run() in /home/ss/public_html/dev/forums/index.php at line 15[SIZE=13px]
[/SIZE]

Any ideas? I've been banging my head against this for about an hour, I'm a bit new to the MVC thing but very experienced on the PHP end and just can't find where I'm going wrong.

Thanks!

You have supplied a parameter of 10, but you have no corresponding ? in the mysql code.

As an aside, I think there is an inbuilt method for limiting the records so you dont use LIMIT in your actual SQL.

Holy heck I can't believe I missed that, my eyes literally just scanned right over it. Thanks Paul.

I think it shoud be

PHP:
$statusList = $db->fetchAll("SELECT * FROM xf_news_feed WHERE action = 'status' ORDER BY event_date DESC LIMIT 10");

or

PHP:
$statusList = $db->fetchAll("SELECT * FROM xf_news_feed WHERE action = 'status' ORDER BY event_date DESC LIMIT ?",10);

It believe it should actually be ;

PHP:
$statusList = $db->fetchAll( $db->limit( "SELECT * FROM  xf_news_feed WHERE action = 'status' ORDER BY event_date DESC", 10 )  );

or

PHP:
$var = 10;
$statusList = $db->fetchAll( $db->limit( "SELECT * FROM  xf_news_feed WHERE action = 'status' ORDER BY event_date DESC", $var )  );

Its a matter of preference really, personally I like;

PHP:
$db->select()->from('xf_news_feed', '*')->where('action = ?', 'status')->order('event_date DESC')->limit(10);

Its a matter of preference really, personally I like;

PHP:
$db->select()->from('xf_news_feed', '*')->where('action = ?', 'status')->order('event_date DESC')->limit(10);

Well thats certainly a new one on me. Is that syntax actually used in XF ?

Well thats certainly a new one on me. Is that syntax actually used in XF ?
That syntax may be in Zend Framework, there's all sorts of stuff in there we don't use because at some point we'd like to remove it.

Nope not used, however its part of the Zend Framework as Kier metioned! imho it would be a major loss if removed!

That syntax may be in Zend Framework, there's all sorts of stuff in there we don't use because at some point we'd like to remove it.
So you'd like to remove ZF completly in the feature?

Maybe. It's not a massively high priority though.
HM, this would be IMHO a bad move which would end with many not working add-ons because of dependencies and Type Hinting
For example
PHP:
public function match($routePath, Zend_Controller_Request_Http $request, XenForo_Router $router)
wouldn't work anymore because $request wouldn't be a instance of Zend_Controller_Request anymore, or think of new methods which are doing the same things but have now a new methodname....

OK, this is still beta, but there are many live sites which are using Add-ons.
They would have to wait for upgrades o the add-ons until they can move to the new version.
(we saw this allready after vB4 was released => many didn't upgrade because they're still waiting for a vB4 Version of a important add-on)

Maybe you could implement ASAP "alias classes" which are only extending the Zend Class, but don't do anything else.
For example:
XenForo_Controller_Request extends Zend_Controller_Request
{
}
then the type hinting would work

class Foo
{
function baz(XenForo_Controller_Request $request)
}

imho either remove Zend before final release or leave it in! Zend is on of the (probably the biggest) reasons I like working with xenForo! Many useful libraries to help with development e.g. the database class. I'm a big Ruby on Rails user so love the database methods provided by Zend.

imho either remove Zend before final release or leave it in! Zend is on of the (probably the biggest) reasons I like working with xenForo
Me too.
It makes coding Add-ons much easier, because ZF provides many usefull classes which we don't have to implement ourself.

Top Bottom